Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/problems-before-i-even-laid-eyes-on-my-new-jeep-59841.html)

Gene20354 05-11-2013 10:30 AM

Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
I writing this because I need to vent my frustrations. I placed my order in mid-February and the dealer called yesterday morning to say my he just received my Overland. I made plans to get a ride to the dealer to pick it up today. I received a second call yesterday to inform me that the lift gate will not open. I was told that the control module is faulty and it will take at least a week to get another one. I hope this is not a sign of never ending problems being in my future.....

bertball50 05-11-2013 10:34 AM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene20354 (Post 821353)
I writing this because I need to vent my frustrations. I placed my order in mid-February and the dealer called yesterday morning to say my he just received my Overland. I made plans to get a ride to the dealer to pick it up today. I received a second call yesterday to inform me that the lift gate will not open. I was told that the control module is faulty and it will take at least a week to get another one. I hope this is not a sign of never ending problems being in my future.....

at least your dealer is looking it over. i'd rather have a delay in getting it and having it all fixed the way it should be. hopefully they can for you

jordanwallace 05-11-2013 10:55 AM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Wow, thats pretty unfortunate. At least the dealer caught it! Geez.

bill_de 05-11-2013 11:44 AM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
It's kind of sad that Amazon can give you next day delivery, yet Jeep takes a week.

As mentioned, at least they caught it before you got it home.



.

Koolga 05-11-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
You would have thought it would have been caught in the Final Inspection before it was shipped...

Hope the quality control is better on mine before it heads out on the train.

Marlon_JB2 05-11-2013 01:49 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolga (Post 821418)
You would have thought it would have been caught in the Final Inspection before it was shipped...

Hope the quality control is better on mine before it heads out on the train.

That's one of the last things checked and adjusted and I know who does it. If it doesn't work, it's fixed. $5 says it went bad after it left the door. I can't see something THAT major being overlooked.

Koolga 05-11-2013 02:21 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Good to hear that. Sounds like the biggest problems so far, from reading this forum, is the Nav system and/or battery. Looking forward to getting mine. Funny thing is that I may never had looked at the Jeep GC if the 1st couple dealerships I had gone to had given me what I wanted for my car for trade. Got me looking at other makes and stumbled upon the new GC. Now I'm glad I did. And I love supporting fellow union workers.

iwantanotherjeep 05-11-2013 04:19 PM

I'd get down to the dealership unannounced just to make sure they are telling the truth. If they are, I would go over the whole GC and make sure there were no other issues, might as well get them fixed while you are waiting.

Lepactedesloups 05-11-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
I agree, you should go down and see what else they might need to fix anyway (the regular stuff that you might find when looking it over). Would save you from bringing it back again. Hopefully, there's nothing else, but better safe than sorry.

Anand 05-11-2013 04:44 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolga (Post 821432)
Good to hear that. Sounds like the biggest problems so far, from reading this forum, is the Nav system and/or battery.

Also, make sure you check for condensation in the headlights. I noticed it after the first car wash.

drwaldo69 05-11-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
This sounds really stupid but ask them if they checked the fuse. Without going into a lot of detail, my dealer insisted I had a bad TPMS module and fuel door actuator.They plugged in and ran the codes. Said they were "offline" and needed the modules replaced. One 5 amp fuse fixed it.

BobsWK2 05-12-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Problems before I even laid eyes on my new Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanwallace (Post 821365)
Wow, thats pretty unfortunate. At least the dealer caught it! Geez.

I bet the only reason the dealer noticed the liftgate problem is they needed to open it to get the floor mats, cargo net, license plate mounting hardware that gets stored in the cargo area while in transit. Otherwise they never would have noticed it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community