Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Tell me your fairy tail purchase (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/tell-me-your-fairy-tail-purchase-59846.html)

Anonymoustache 05-11-2013 11:45 AM

Tell me your fairy tail purchase

I just got my 2014 JGC SRT, but the experience left a lot to be desired. The dealership I purchased it from probably shouldn't even be allowed to sell "luxury" vehicles. At no point did I feel like I was taken care of. When I asked about help putting the pedal overlays on, they complained that their service dept was kind of far away. WTF?!

There were also scratches on it in a few places. I asked how good of a job they were going to do at polishing them out, they basically said it wouldn't really do much. I'm decently skilled at it, so I judged that I would take better care of it. I also saw my salesman for about 5 minutes after I agreed to purchase it. He was on the phone during that 5 minutes.

All in all, I'm glad I'm not servicing the vehicle there.

So cheer me up and let me live vicariously through your pampering.

PS. Is anyone having trouble with the uconnect loading songs from the SD? Sometimes it loads them all, sometimes it gets to D and quits. I never remove it and I've got 29GB on a 32GB class 10 card.

Also, I don't really have an accent, but the Uconnect never knows what I'm saying. Maybe it will learn

bill_de 05-11-2013 11:58 AM

Re: Tell me your fairy tail purchase

I don't know what you're saying either, and I'm just reading what you typed.

Just kidding. :lol:

Not sure if it will help, but I'd try cleaning the contacts on the SD card, even if it is new.

cnynctry 05-11-2013 01:28 PM

Not all SD cards are made equal. Some devices are picky. Scandisk admitted some of their cards from a supplier were not up to their standards. Try a different card or save your files and reformat the card and try it all again. Sometimes a file name can have a funny character that the system doesn't like.

Anonymoustache 05-11-2013 05:01 PM

It may be that it's still loading too. Sometimes it shows 168 artists, sometimes 250 sometimes 3xx. It seems to do the 168 most often

forza 05-11-2013 07:37 PM

Make sure when you get your survey about your experience you fill it out and send it in. When a dealership gets gigged bad by a survey, it goes to the owner to see. Or at least it did when I worked at a dealership. If the dealership gets gigged enough they will loose their rating and loose benefits from Chrysler(i.e. cost them money).

Anonymoustache 05-12-2013 11:01 AM

On both of my cards it has to load up all the songs every time the car is started. Is everyone else's like that? If so the feature is completely useless. It's also a crapshoot on whether or not it actually loads the entire card.

mpatel1080 05-12-2013 08:55 PM

Chrysler has some great products but their dealers are standing in the way of them getting to the next level. The dealers need to learn that they have to provide a different level of service to someone dropping close to 70K on a car vs someone spending 20K. Many of the GC trims are creeping into luxury car pricing territory and the service does not reflect this. CJD dealers do very poorly on the JD power surveys...This is something Chrysler has to fix QUICKLY! The dealer experience will be even more important when they bring Alfa Romeo to the US and position it against the BMW/MB/Audi, buyers of those brands will be immediately turned off by the dealership experience.

ufokillerz 05-13-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 (Post 822005)
Chrysler has some great products but their dealers are standing in the way of them getting to the next level. The dealers need to learn that they have to provide a different level of service to someone dropping close to 70K on a car vs someone spending 20K. Many of the GC trims are creeping into luxury car pricing territory and the service does not reflect this. CJD dealers do very poorly on the JD power surveys...This is something Chrysler has to fix QUICKLY! The dealer experience will be even more important when they bring Alfa Romeo to the US and position it against the BMW/MB/Audi, buyers of those brands will be immediately turned off by the dealership experience.

Chrysler also doesn't offer the incentives to dealers as the German dealerships get from their respective manufacturers.

Anonymoustache 05-13-2013 10:29 AM

Well hopefully my message is heard on the survey.

Since my dealership doesn't know anything about the SD card, who can I call to get information about it loading the songs and how long it should take and why it doesn't always load them all?

mrmaker 05-14-2013 01:28 AM

This problem exists on the other side of the world aswell. When i was negotiating on an SRT, i had a dealer who had absolutely no idea of the product he was selling, infact, i sold the product to myself, he had no selling desire. He basically told me, quote; "it is not the only car i sell and it makes no difference if i am selling a 20K car or a 90K car", which the SRT is here. I complained to head office, he no longer works at that dealership, Chrysler do need to weed out these type of salespeople.