Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   UConnect... New programs downloaded today (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/uconnect-new-programs-downloaded-today-59863.html)

EdwinDiaz 05-11-2013 07:33 PM

UConnect... New programs downloaded today

Hello everyone. I turned on my truck today and realized the Pandora, Iheart Radio etc... downloaded by itself. I attempted to setup Pandora and Iheart Radio, but could not get UConnect to utilize my phones data plan. It walked me through the setup, however I got to a point were it instructed me to "enable mobile devices" in the settings menu within the UConnect Access software, but that option is not there. Anyone else have this issue?

Jackspat2 05-11-2013 09:10 PM

Re: UConnect... New programs downloaded today

I just got the new apps too. It looks like its not quite working yet. They may need to update the phone app too.

Uconnect® Access | The next generation of connectivity has arrived

EdwinDiaz 05-11-2013 09:44 PM

Ok great. Thought maybe it was just me. Thanks.

Sh0rtBus 05-13-2013 10:32 AM

Yeah, I just tried this a couple times, too. Just got a new phone yesterday and was setting everything up. Tried again this morning, too, but couldn't get Pandora to come up. Did find it sorta' cool, though, that if you have the UConnect app on it locks itself while the vehicle is in motion. The GC kept telling me, though, that I needed to have the app active, which it was, so guess we'll have to wait and see.

bigpappy33 05-13-2013 07:28 PM

Mine downloaded them, but they aren't not working like all of yours. I too have a feeling it's the phone app that needs to update now.

AZhiCntry 05-13-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpappy33 (Post 822471)
Mine downloaded them, but they aren't not working like all of yours. I too have a feeling it's the phone app that needs to update now.

;) These apps still have not been "activated" by Uconnect. Uconnect website still says in reguards to these music apps "COMING SOON"!:sleepy:

kappy9 05-14-2013 10:58 AM

Ahhh I was so happy to see the Pandora, iheartradio, etc appear... I tried getting them to work, but No Go... I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who can not get it to run.

Does anyone have any iphone and trouble voice texting?

Sh0rtBus 05-14-2013 11:30 AM

My wife has an iPhone 5, but I haven't bothered to pair it with the GC just yet. She rarely drives it anyway.

Northland 05-14-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappy9 (Post 822772)
Does anyone have any iphone and trouble voice texting?

The RA4 will read aloud new incoming texts when paired to an iPhone 5, but you can't respond to them via voice - it's an iPhone thing (BT implementation by Apple), not the RA4. You can, hower, use Siri to respond by voice to texts.

JC_0105 05-14-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland (Post 822822)
The RA4 will read aloud new incoming texts when paired to an iPhone 5, but you can't respond to them via voice - it's an iPhone thing (BT implementation by Apple), not the RA4. You can, hower, use Siri to respond by voice to texts.

I can't get it to read texts at all from an iPhone 5 in my new Summit. Any tips to get that working?

bigpappy33 05-14-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_0105 (Post 822992)
I can't get it to read texts at all from an iPhone 5 in my new Summit. Any tips to get that working?

Gotta change the specific "uconnect" Bluetooth setting on your phone to "show notifications".

thekoy 05-14-2013 07:15 PM

This looks to be active now. The additional missing step requires you to login moparownerconnect.com, select the "Edit Profile" option on the dashboard, select the "via Mobile Profile," then add your account info for the service.

You will also need the desired app plus the UConnect Access app on your phone. iPhone 5 (6.1) tested and working.