Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Overland Blue Screen (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-overland-blue-screen-59880.html)

ahmiller55 05-12-2013 01:40 AM

2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
Hi Jeepers,

My new Overland has just started showing nothing but a blue screen when in Reverse. All other functions give the normal screen.

Anybody else experience this?


Thanks

peejnj 12-30-2013 05:34 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmiller55 (Post 821664)
Hi Jeepers,

My new Overland has just started showing nothing but a blue screen when in Reverse. All other functions give the normal screen.

Anybody else experience this?


Thanks

Had the same problem. My dealer checked with Chrysler and has now ordered a new camera. Cameras are backordered and may take six weeks to get. We will see if it works.

JC_0105 12-31-2013 04:17 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peejnj (Post 952279)
Had the same problem. My dealer checked with Chrysler and has now ordered a new camera. Cameras are backordered and may take six weeks to get. We will see if it works.

Very odd...Mine I have started to notice flickers slightly when backing up now. Did yours one day just go out or did it start flickering some first?

peejnj 12-31-2013 04:44 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
There is no flickering it either works or does not work.

YO-EL 01-01-2014 05:35 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
I got the blue screen after I left the dealer from taking delivery.
Called salesman, said to turn off car, open drivers door...
Re-started & put in reverse.. all good.. and hasn't happened since..
(knock wood)

maybe these just need to be re-set somehow..
but if its an ongoing issue, some relay or the camera itself may be the fault..

Setoutguy 01-01-2014 06:25 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YO-EL (Post 953142)
I got the blue screen after I left the dealer from taking delivery.
Called salesman, said to turn off car, open drivers door...
Re-started & put in reverse.. all good.. and hasn't happened since..
(knock wood)

maybe these just need to be re-set somehow..
but if its an ongoing issue, some relay or the camera itself may be the fault..

By doing the above you switched from the Windows OS known for the blue screen of death over to Apple with the Mavericks OS which is more reliable.

larj 01-05-2014 08:15 AM

Re: 2014 Overland Blue Screen
 
Hi guys - first time on the forum and looking around to see if anyone has found a reliable fix for the blue screen issue with the reversing camera. I've had this intermittant issue (probably occurs once every three to six times I start the car) since picking up my 2014 GC Overland a couple of months ago. The dealer has tried the latest software update which has changed the blue screen to a black screen but not fixed the problem. They have ordered a new reversing 'module', but obviously don't have any real idea about what the problem is. Has anyone got any firm info on this yet? Is there a TSB? Many thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community