Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2011 laredo subwoofer (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2011-laredo-subwoofer-59883.html)

Gman 05-12-2013 06:54 AM

2011 laredo subwoofer

Just wondering if any of you guys know if there is wiring for the sub in the back on the Laredo models (I don't think that there is a speaker back there, just the cover). Also, if it is prewired, what is the best way to install a sub, what kind (Watt and Ohms) and how to remove paneling.

Thanks

jordanwallace 05-13-2013 09:26 AM

Re: 2011 laredo subwoofer

What model Lardeo do you have? Is it the X? I thought that standard base Laredo's don't even have a grill there. From what I have seen it looks like they have a cut out where the subwoofer would normally be. If you have the X then you do have a subwoofer.

Gman 05-13-2013 11:57 AM

Thanks. I is a Laredo x. So there is a subwoofer... Doesn't sound like much. It sounds good but not that good, at least to me it doesn't.

Thanks again for your reply.

gc4x4 05-13-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gman (Post 822257)
Thanks. I is a Laredo x. So there is a subwoofer... Doesn't sound like much. It sounds good but not that good, at least to me it doesn't.

Thanks again for your reply.

My limited has the subwoofer and it is pitiful with hardly any bass if it at all. i ended up putting my 500w alpine amp and sub in and it sounds great now. I think that the "premium sound" is overrated.:rolleyes:

Gman 05-13-2013 03:17 PM

You are right. I was wondering about replacing the factory unit (radio, without nav) with an aftermarket nag capable unit. What I do not know is: can these aftermarket stereos be hooked up to the steering wheel controls?

RageOfFury 05-13-2013 04:46 PM

Gman, check out the various threads under Audio/Visual/Navigation - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum as multiple users, including myself, have done such audio upgrades.

gc4x4 05-14-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gman (Post 822356)
You are right. I was wondering about replacing the factory unit (radio, without nav) with an aftermarket nag capable unit. What I do not know is: can these aftermarket stereos be hooked up to the steering wheel controls?

I replaced my 430n with a pioneer avic-940bt and used the axxess canbus and steering wheel adapter, i also installed the xm tuner and everything works just fine,I integrated the oem backup camera with the help of this forum and did the brake bypass. The whole system actually sounds better now than with the factory radio, so i don't think i need to do anything else.:thumbsup: