Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Beeping sound from engine bay (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/beeping-sound-from-engine-bay-59913.html)

byl9 05-12-2013 08:31 PM

Beeping sound from engine bay

So today I heard a weird beeping sound from the engine bay on my 14 overland, V6. It's not constant, but is intermittent. Sounds like a sonar beep (very computer like, not mechanical in sound). It's only there on a warm engine & goes on & off in weird intervals. I thought maybe a belt or something, but that would have a partern to it. but this sound has no pattern. Any clue what that may be?

rcz22 06-06-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Beeping sound from engine bay

I have the same issue with mine (recently) only 900miles so far and I just noticed around 700. I took a recording to show my dealer next time I'm in since its so random I bet they'll say they can't reproduce... Any update with yours?

byl9 06-06-2013 06:30 PM

No update from me. Since I posted, I heard the beeping sound a few more times, intermittently. i didn't record it, but that's a good idea. i haven't been driving much since due to work, but i plan on mentioning this to the dealer. If I do hear it again, I will surely record it. I'll post an update next time i go in for service in about a month or so. If you have any developments, let me know, please. I have no idea what it may be. it could be the timing belt, which is shocking on a new vehicle. But then I heard the sound of a bad timing belt, and it didn't sound anything like this "computer" like beep. so we'll see.

rcz22 06-20-2013 06:07 PM

Not sure about your issue but mine was getting progressively worse - happened to be right by the dealer the other day while the noise was coming somewhere under the hood.

Stopped in and the service guy def said something is not right. Ended up making an appt for today - just got word that its a faulty water pump and a new one is on order so it's worth checking out.

Also related to a few other threads about the remote start and touching the driver side door handle (shuts off climate control) - they said this is not right and will look into it. There are so many threads about this I can add this comment to one of theirs.

byl9 06-20-2013 09:27 PM

Thanks!!! I'll def mention this on my next visit. I actually heard the sound tonight in the garage, so it didn't go anywhere!!

Thnks for the info

garymb5150 10-28-2013 11:44 AM

Just heard this for the first time....computer type beep under right side hood...any updates?

byl9 10-28-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garymb5150 (Post 919130)
Just heard this for the first time....computer type beep under right side hood...any updates?

Correct. Sounds like a computer beep. Not sure if it's coming from the right side or elsewhere, but it's still there. No update from me.

allheavy 11-05-2013 04:21 PM

hey folks. first time posting on here. my made the same sound, it ended up being the water pump.

garymb5150 11-06-2013 01:47 PM

Me too..got water pump replaced today

Passenger0 11-06-2013 10:58 PM

Me too. '11 V6 - water pump was replaced at 7k miles or so. No issues since (24k).

uncleslappy 03-03-2014 06:35 PM

Heard the same type of sound from our 2014 Trailhawk today. Making a call to the dealer now. Less than 800 miles is way too early for this.