Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Overland - Click followed by brief buzzing noise when car is turned off... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-overland-click-followed-by-brief-buzzing-noise-when-car-is-turned-off-59917.html)

chukeer 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

2014 Overland - Click followed by brief buzzing noise when car is turned off...

Was sweeping out the garage today...key was still in the house no where near the Jeep...I noticed that every few minutes (not exactly sure of the specific time intervals) there was a click noise followed by a brief buzz / humming noise.

Anyone else notice this? I'm curious what it is doing and why.

Jim_in_PA 05-12-2013 08:55 PM

Re: 2014 Overland - Click followed by brief buzzing noise when car is turned off...

My MY12 does this...so did my previous Highlander Hybrid. I suspect something to do with the cooling system, but that's just speculation.

Northland 05-12-2013 09:05 PM

Re: 2014 Overland - Click followed by brief buzzing noise when car is turned off...

If you've got QuadraLift, it's that system correcting the position of the suspension - the key fob doesn't have to be anywhere near, and sometimes it will do it a long time after you've left the vehicle. From the owners manual:

After the engine is turned off, it may be noticed that the
air suspension system operates briefly, this is normal. The
system is correcting the position of the vehicle to ensure
a proper appearance.

chukeer 05-12-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland (Post 822010)
If you've got QuadraLift, it's that system correcting the position of the suspension - the key fob doesn't have to be anywhere near, and sometimes it will do it a long time after you've left the vehicle. From the owners manual:

a proper appearance.

Awesome. I was thinking it'd have something to do with that. I upgraded from an '11 Laredo to a '14 Overland, and my '11 didn't make these same noises, so that makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

Kevin P 05-12-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland (Post 822010)

a proper appearance.

Why would this continue levelling, if the car wasn't started for 2 weeks the battery would be flat, once the car is turned off everything except security should shut down.

bill_de 05-12-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin P (Post 822025)
Why would this continue levelling, if the car wasn't started for 2 weeks the battery would be flat, once the car is turned off everything except security should shut down.

The reason was given ... for appearance. You wouldn't want your Jeep to not look level. :lol:

I haven't heard a lot of people complaining about dead batteries, and this is not a new system.

Kevin P 05-12-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 822026)
The reason was given ... for appearance. You wouldn't want your Jeep to not look level. :lol:

I haven't heard a lot of people complaining about dead batteries, and this is not a new system.

Living on an island & having a 11 km barge trip I certainly wouldn't want the JGC levelling it self up after every wave/ripple in the ocean

iwantanotherjeep 05-12-2013 11:38 PM

Ha ha the GC is vain, lucky there is no mirror nearby otherwise the darn thing would never settle for level, it would just be looking at itself all day saying, 'my bum looks big and lifted in cherry, I'm going to drop it a little' lol

bill_de 05-13-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantanotherjeep (Post 822073)
Ha ha the GC is vain, lucky there is no mirror nearby otherwise the darn thing would never settle for level, it would just be looking at itself all day saying, 'my bum looks big and lifted in cherry, I'm going to drop it a little' lol

:lol::lol::lol:

nautiboy 05-13-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin P (Post 822030)

Living on an island & having a 11 km barge trip I certainly wouldn't want the JGC levelling it self up after every wave/ripple in the ocean

There's a special mode intended for towing which disables the auto leveling. You'd probably want to put it in that mode for the barge trip.

Specx 05-13-2013 11:53 AM

Yeah, I think the manual tells you to activate that when transporting the vehicle. First time I heard it, I was doing some work in the garage and heard the compressor. I started inspecting the vehicle and later figured it was normal.

visitador 05-13-2013 01:55 PM

More reason to have a battery tender connected to the GC if you are not driving it for awhile.