Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Receiver Shackle Bracket (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/receiver-shackle-bracket-60018.html)

felipito 05-14-2013 08:05 PM

Receiver Shackle Bracket

Hi, i want to buy a Receiver Shackle Bracket for my Overland.
I see that most of them include a D ring which i also want, they are 3/4 inch, is this size appropriate for this jeep and pulling jeeps stuck in mud or sand, more or less like this (FJ, prado, Land Cruisers, Patrol, etc).
And about the Receiver i see they are Class III and the one i have from mopar says it is class IV. What is the difference...or any 2 inch receiver will do the job?
please help me out.
finally i want to buy a recovery strap, how many pounds capable do you recommend for the same job...10k or 20k or 30k more?

Thanks,
felipe

felipito 05-15-2013 10:59 PM

Re: Receiver Shackle Bracket

Anyone?
what about this one....

BTF Receiver Shackle Mount :: Blue Torch Fab

watch the video...i think it is the best.

opinions?

Relbus 05-16-2013 10:30 AM

HitchLink - $79.95 : Factor55.com, Safer - Stronger - Smarter

Same vote as on JF. Factor 55. You have a polished SUV, get the one that looks as beautiful as it is stong, it will complement your JGC better.

Not to mention you will NEVER get close to either the BTF or the F55 shackles brackets capacity. You will destroy your Jeep first.

Hammerhead 12-15-2014 04:53 PM

Looking at comments on amazon.com, I'm thinking about the Factor 55. Even reputable brands like Warn have complaints about forged steel shanks not being square which requires grinding excess metal. Plus, Factor 55 is made in America!

antsjeep 12-15-2014 09:15 PM

Receiver Shackle Bracket

I got mine from quadratic for $25 + shipping. I used it to tow a 6k lb fork lift at my old job.... long story, but it worked like a charm and didn't cost a lot.

http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...?pid=92144+101

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Sherif 12-16-2014 02:43 AM

I have this from Bushranger, perfect fit and works well..

But this one mentioned by Relbus looks awesome :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relbus (Post 824055)
HitchLink - $79.95 : Factor55.com, Safer - Stronger - Smarter

Same vote as on JF. Factor 55. You have a polished SUV, get the one that looks as beautiful as it is stong, it will complement your JGC better.

Not to mention you will NEVER get close to either the BTF or the F55 shackles brackets capacity. You will destroy your Jeep first.

Ken Jacobs 12-16-2014 07:45 AM

I just use the loop at the end of the strap and a hitch pin.

jpcortese 12-16-2014 10:15 AM

Here is the one I bought from Amazon. The cost is $29.99 and the fit, finish and strength is outstanding. I've used it several time and found it to be excellent. Everyone that does any kind of off-roading should have one...just leave it off until you need it since they get stolen.

Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring with 3/4-Inch Shackle for 2-Inch Receivers

cdlund 12-16-2014 10:55 AM

I have purchased and installed these, but I have not had to use them.

Class IV 3/4 in. Tow Shackle | Princess Auto
Class V 5/8 in. Locking Bent Hitch Pin | Princess Auto

Jim_in_PA 12-16-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpcortese (Post 1127904)
Here is the one I bought from Amazon. The cost is $29.99 and the fit, finish and strength is outstanding. I've used it several time and found it to be excellent. Everyone that does any kind of off-roading should have one...just leave it off until you need it since they get stolen.

Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring with 3/4-Inch Shackle for 2-Inch Receivers

Thanks for that...exactly what I was looking for to keep in the JGC and "the price is right". Temporarily out of stock with Prime right now, but I can wait.

Hammerhead 12-16-2014 12:43 PM

Thanks for the other options. I've been looking for one with a solid shank like the ball mount I use to tow our camper. I've thought about just putting the tow strap around the hitch pin if I'm just tugging on something light but wouldn't want to do that with a full-size vehicle.

Todd3.6 12-16-2014 08:36 PM

Phhttt...

Harbor Freight sells one for $10.
D-Ring Receiver Hitch

Works great.
I wrapped black electrical tape around mine to keep it from 'clanking'.
I keep the D-ring inside so it doesn't 'grow legs'.

My main reason for buying it was to keep the 'parking by braille' idiots off my rear bumper.