Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What Trim Level Is This Fourteen? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-trim-level-is-this-fourteen-60077.html)

doulos4JC 05-15-2013 05:46 PM

What Trim Level Is This Fourteen?

2 Attachment(s)
Saw this in a shipping yard and at first thought it was a twin to my Laredo E with the 18" wheel option. Those aren't Laredo headlights and sharkfin antenna is painted red(kinda cool), also has chrome strip bottom of liftgate. Body colored mirrors and door handles, lack of chrome on front fascia all say Laredo. What say you?

Specx 05-15-2013 05:55 PM

Re: What Trim Level Is This Fourteen?

I think it's a limited with the lux package, but I thought those had chrome handles and mirror caps. Could it be a EU model?

Edit: After looking again, it is a EU model. Look at the steering wheel placement.

doulos4JC 05-15-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 823610)
I think it's a limited with the lux package, but I thought those had chrome handles and mirror caps. Could it be a EU model?

Edit: After looking again, it is a EU model. Look at the steering wheel placement.

Right on, good catch!

SnoFire 05-15-2013 06:03 PM

Limited with Lux II RD. Dead give away I'd the headlights with the black trim on the bottom.

doulos4JC 05-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 823620)
Limited with Lux II RD. Dead give away I'd the headlights with the black trim on the bottom.

Has the body colored mirrors and door handles though.

padgett 05-15-2013 06:32 PM

Is that chrome on the B and C pillars stock now ? U-gley

berk483 05-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 823645)
Is that chrome on the B and C pillars stock now ? U-gley

Pretty sure those are stickers covering the black B / C -pillars.

Specx 05-15-2013 06:36 PM

I think it's tape to protect those parts while in transit.

magiaone 05-15-2013 07:25 PM

England, Japan, S. Korea or Australia build.

jgc4ever 05-15-2013 07:48 PM

Jeep should ditch the chrome mirrors from all trim levels in North America too (unless you opt for the chrome package).

f1anatic 05-15-2013 08:34 PM

It is a model destined for overseas. Though it may not be a Limited because it has clear windows rather than tinted. Export models don't have to follow North American market packages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 823610)

The only EU European Union countries that are RHD are Great Britain and Ireland (sure Malta, Cyprus, Isle of Man). The rest of EU is LHD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magiaone (Post 823673)
England, Japan, S. Korea or Australia build.

S. Korea is LHD. Other SE Asia / Pacific rim countries with RHD include Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, New Zeeland - I probably forget a few. I am sure Wikipedia can settle that. South Africa is also RHD and probably some other banana republics with diamonds and gold as main exports. Jeep does not sell at all (well) in Singapore/Malayasia/Indonesia - car prices are insane in the wealthiest of the 3 (Singapore) and people go for German brands if they can afford an SUV. My wife is from Singapore - I have been there a few times and I have not seen a Jeep - well a few older Wranglers. People there drive Toyota Prado and Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol and the pseudo German SUVs.

padgett 05-15-2013 08:54 PM

Doesn't look like tape on B and C. In fact the whole rear shot looks odd, rear side window is more square. Is this stock ?