Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 V8 Engine (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-v8-engine-60136.html)

Qtypie617 05-16-2013 07:17 PM

2014 V8 Engine

About a month ago I placed my order for a Crystal Granite Overland v8 Hemi. When I was at the dealer and built the Jeep, my order sheet indicated that the engine would be a 5.7-Liter V8 MDS VVT Engine w/Fuel Saver Technology. My vehicle is almost at the dealer and I can see the window sticker which is showing a $500 price increase over my order sheet. After looking carefully, I noticed the engine is showing as a 5.7L V8 HEMI(R) VVT Eng Fuel Saver Technology. I have searched and searched both the internet and this forum and can't find anything that spells out the difference between these two. Help me understand please!

marosenb 05-16-2013 07:19 PM

Re: 2014 V8 Engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 824340)
About a month ago I placed my order for a Crystal Granite Overland v8 Hemi. When I was at the dealer and built the Jeep, my order sheet indicated that the engine would be a 5.7-Liter V8 MDS VVT Engine w/Fuel Saver Technology. My vehicle is almost at the dealer and I can see the window sticker which is showing a $500 price increase over my order sheet. After looking carefully, I noticed the engine is showing as a 5.7L V8 HEMI(R) VVT Eng Fuel Saver Technology. I have searched and searched both the internet and this forum and can't find anything that spells out the difference between these two. Help me understand please!

Same Engine, they increased the price on it.

Qtypie617 05-16-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marosenb (Post 824343)
Same Engine, they increased the price on it.

When I go on the website to build an Overland with the same specs that were on my order sheet the price is showing $2195 for the engie, same as my order sheet not $2695 that is on the window sticker. If I build a Summit, the price of the V8 engine is $2695. Thanks for the quick reply but I am still confused.

JeepGCOverland 05-16-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 824346)
When I go on the website to build an Overland with the same specs that were on my order sheet the price is showing $2195 for the engie, same as my order sheet not $2695 that is on the window sticker. If I build a Summit, the price of the V8 engine is $2695. Thanks for the quick reply but I am still confused.

That is just a glitch with the site. The price for the 5.7L HEMI V8 increased from $2,195 to $2,695 on May 1 for ALL models.

Qtypie617 05-16-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 824349)
That is just a glitch with the site. The price for the 5.7L HEMI V8 increased from $2,195 to $2,695 on May 1 for ALL models.

Thank you JeepGCOverland, that helps me understand! Since the price increased on 5/1 and my order was placed the middle of April, I am certainly not paying $500 more for the same engine. Should I prepare myself for a battle with the dealer?!?!

bill_de 05-16-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 824356)
Thank you JeepGCOverland, that helps me understand! Since the price increased on 5/1 and my order was placed the middle of April, I am certainly not paying $500 more for the same engine. Should I prepare myself for a battle with the dealer?!?!

Somewhere on the Jeep site, I forget where, it goes into detail about the price guarantee. The price should never go up on an ordered vehicle, but you would be entitled to any promotions that might pop up.

That still leaves the question of the different model number for the He I.

---

Qtypie617 05-16-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 824360)
Somewhere on the Jeep site, I forget where, it goes into detail about the price guarantee. The price should never go up on an ordered vehicle, but you would be entitled to any promotions that might pop up.

That still leaves the question of the different model number for the He I.

Thanks bill_de! I am looking now on the Jeep site for that information. In the VOTS system for my order, my engine shows as the 5.7-Liter V8 MDS VVT Engine w/Fuel Saver Technology so hopefully I will not have to battle the dealer. I am with you, I can understand the price increase but not the engine name change! Oh well, I guess stay tuned and I will update with my experience.

ColdCase 05-16-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 824356)

You just have to keep an eye on the dealer. The price increased on my custom order and the dealer missed it. After I pointed it out, the paperwork was redone and the original price retained. Its currently Jeeps policy to honor the price when ordered. You can choose the better incentives, those in effect when you ordered, or those currently offered.

The dealer doesn't care, its Jeep's money not his.

Qtypie617 05-16-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 824437)
You just have to keep an eye on the dealer. The price increased on my custom order and the dealer missed it. After I pointed it out, the paperwork was redone and the original price retained. Its currently Jeeps policy to honor the price when ordered. You can choose the better incentives, those in effect when you ordered, or those currently offered.

The dealer doesn't care, its Jeep's money not his.

Thanks so much!!