Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Dealership had to replace my new 14 SRT with new one (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/dealership-had-to-replace-my-new-14-srt-with-new-one-60157.html)

14StormTrooper 05-17-2013 03:38 PM

Dealership had to replace my new 14 SRT with new one

1 Attachment(s)
This has been an interesting week for me and my dealership. I purchased a white SRT 2 weeks ago. The dealership put something on as tire shine that ended up not being tire shine. they think the detailer screwed up and put engine degreaser on my tires. Anyways, whatever it was ate through my clear coat all down the side of my car. Little brownish orange spots all down it that would not buff out or scratch off. They wanted to repaint the whole car. That is where I put my foot down and said absolutely not. This car has 800 miles on it and is 70 grand. So LUCKILY they had just got another white one in 2 days ago that had not been sold yet and I just got finished signing the papers and doing a straight trade. The only plus to this is that my old one had the carbon wheels and the new one has the black chrome wheels which is what I wanted in the first place. I have never heard of something like this happening but I'm glad in the end they did the right thing and replaced it.

forza 05-17-2013 04:38 PM

Re: Dealership had to replace my new 14 SRT with new one

And I thought it was going to be an Australian one. Being upside down. :D

14StormTrooper 05-17-2013 04:40 PM

lol I am not sure why it uploaded the pic upside down. :confused:

Scottina06 05-17-2013 04:52 PM

wow....that dealer went the extra mile after a MAJOR screw up! Congrats!

14StormTrooper 05-17-2013 04:55 PM

Yeah it went pretty smooth. with my other truck only having 800 miles they can repaint it and put it on the used lot for near brand new cost. I am VERY pleased with the GM at my dealership for taking care of me. The owner did not want to replace it but the GM and sales manager battled him because they knew it was their mistake and I shouldnt be screwed for something they did. I thought I was going in for a fist fight lol but it turned out good and i got the wheels i originally wanted.

forza 05-17-2013 05:32 PM

And now you know what hold back money is about! The dealer is gambling when they dip into that money for discounts on vehicles. It's there for problems like this or any other repair that is not going to be covered by the Manufacturer.

phillysrt 05-17-2013 06:14 PM

Man that's nice that they got you all situated. That's why I never let the dealer touch my car other than inspection. Good for you that you got the new one man

hummer recovery team 05-17-2013 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fixed your picture

HemiDawg 05-17-2013 08:27 PM

Man that is hot!! Glad it worked out!!

Sent from myPhone using TapaTalk.

Robert Palmer 05-17-2013 09:36 PM

LMAO at the dealer. Idiots. You know the detail guy was fired. haha

Glad they took care of you!

Jeep looks good.

Schleprock 05-18-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrist30 (Post 824764)
This has been an interesting week for me and my dealership. I purchased a white SRT 2 weeks ago. The dealership put something on as tire shine that ended up not being tire shine. they think the detailer screwed up and put engine degreaser on my tires. Anyways, whatever it was ate through my clear coat all down the side of my car. Little brownish orange spots all down it that would not buff out or scratch off. They wanted to repaint the whole car. That is where I put my foot down and said absolutely not. This car has 800 miles on it and is 70 grand. So LUCKILY they had just got another white one in 2 days ago that had not been sold yet and I just got finished signing the papers and doing a straight trade. The only plus to this is that my old one had the carbon wheels and the new one has the black chrome wheels which is what I wanted in the first place. I have never heard of something like this happening but I'm glad in the end they did the right thing and replaced it.

Did you have actual clearcoat pealing into your hands? Brownish/orange spots would be rail dust in the paint. Requires clay barring and a special compound and buffing. Normal buff or scratching it with a thumbnail won't scrape it off. Engine degreaser would cause the finish to become extremely dull and washed out, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/vdfkV.jpg

Lankness 05-21-2013 02:44 PM

Good dealership - glad they fixed you up!