Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Have I said I love my WK2? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/have-i-said-i-love-my-wk2-60174.html)

Lankness 05-17-2013 11:59 PM

Have I said I love my WK2?

:D

I believe I have before, but in case you missed it - I love this ride. It is comfortable, the tech is *there* and my entire family loves it. Granted, two of them are 4 & 2, but the smile is still the same when I hear "Daddy, go FAST!!!"

In any case, this weekend is our first roadtrip in the SRT. I have been dying to take my kids camping and we are finally out there doing it. Next time we'll be in a tent "roughing it" with the Coleman stoves and lanterns, but this is a great start.
http://i.imgur.com/OT6oQi5.jpg

The hitch cargo rack I found at Academy is great. $35. Really, $35! I stood on this thing and bounced around, it is solid! The amount of room behind the rear seats of the Jeep is amazing. I have always had trucks, my parents always had trucks. My wife and her family always had little SUVs. Yes, I have a hitch carrier for the ice chest, but there was enough room in the back that I am sure I could have put it inside.

As for the Jeep and the trip, the navigation took us along some back roads due to typical Houston afternoon traffic. I was skeptical, my wife was skeptical, but we said 'what the hell' and took the route prescribed. I'm impressed - it routed around traffic, it routed me to back roads that were a *blast* to drive. (It really is funny seeing kids' reactions when the portable DVD player falls over, and even funnier when the wife asks "are we in an auto-x and I just haven't been notified?") HA! Good job UConnect. My MPG sucked, but it was worth it!

My only complaint is that our 'camping' neighbor decided to park their golf cart <1' from the Jeep. WTF? There is a ton of space, get the h377 away from me! Needless to say I moved the Jeep...

Time to go to bed - hope you guys have a great weekend!

Lankness 05-18-2013 12:00 AM

Re: Have I said I love my WK2?

(And, that is probably about as far off-road as you will ever see my Jeep!)

cdspiller99 05-18-2013 12:05 AM

I'm more impressed with the $35 cargo rack, but a nice little trip doesn't hurt either...

Sh0rtBus 05-18-2013 08:03 AM

sounds like a good time. Recently took mine....allbeit not a big boy SRT...on a trip to Bastrop and back and it was definitely the best ride I've had on a road trip. Can only how the SRT would make that more enjoyable. Headed down your way the second in June. Even staying with my best friend in Pearland.

Angler 05-18-2013 03:08 PM

I am right there with you, Lankness. I love my WK2 also! Great vehicle! :thumbsup:

BobsWK2 05-18-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lankness (Post 824971)
My only complaint is that our 'camping' neighbor decided to park their golf cart <1' from the Jeep. WTF? There is a ton of space, get the h377 away from me! Needless to say I moved the Jeep...

I guarantee he did that on purpose. Probably just jealous.

scooterha 05-19-2013 07:07 AM

Lankness have I told you lately how much I love your SRT?

Pillbucket 05-19-2013 07:18 AM

I tell the wife "I love my Jeep" so often she is getting tired of it. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Megatron 05-19-2013 08:17 AM

Great post!

Lankness 05-20-2013 02:50 PM

Thanks guys! It was a fun weekend for sure. If any of you are in Texas or want a road trip that your kids will love - go check out Jellystone in Waller. I know we'll be going back!

torifile 05-20-2013 03:00 PM

I love my Wk2, too. Seriously. It's been everything I'd hoped for. The fuel economy kinda sucks but it's worth it. Fun to drive, super-capable and no compromises for the family. I've gotten at least 4 people comment and ask questions about it - from an extremely wealthy friend looking for his next purchase to a random blue collar guy at Home Depot yesterday.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I think my hair may be getting thicker, too. :lol: