Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Build plate (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/build-plate-60181.html)

Matty470 05-18-2013 05:09 AM

Build plate
 
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
I've been looking for the build plate on my MY12 export Overland that shows the paint code and trim code. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Most other vehicles have it under the bonnet (hood) or on a sticker on one of the pillars inside a door jamb, but nothing on the WK2.
Where is it????

Matty.

Bretto 05-18-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty470 (Post 825011)
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
I've been looking for the build plate on my MY12 export Overland that shows the paint code and trim code. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Most other vehicles have it under the bonnet (hood) or on a sticker on one of the pillars inside a door jamb, but nothing on the WK2.
Where is it????

Matty.

Not sure if jeeps are the same, but I got told when selling my vw Amarok they don't have build
Plates now, just a compliance sticker .. I was madly looking for it for a photo and called into my dealer

Matty470 05-19-2013 06:37 AM

Re: Build plate
 
OK, so where do I find the paint code?
I want to get some made up and colour code the chrome, but the paint shop needs the code.

Bretto 05-19-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty470 (Post 825458)
OK, so where do I find the paint code?
I want to get some made up and colour code the chrome, but the paint shop needs the code.

Again i'm not sure for jeep because I haven't got mine yet, but my Log book page where your details are had all that!

Keirik 05-19-2013 07:13 AM

Re: Build plate
 
2012 Color Codes - Jeep Paint Cross-Reference

padgett 05-19-2013 09:05 AM

Re: Build plate
 
If you send an e-mail to customerassist@chrysler.com with your VIN, they should be able to send you a list of option codes associated with your Heep.

Codes are usually three character plus a suffix (Standard, Production (Option)). Paint seems three digit: P/S followed by a two digit paint code or may be four digit with the paint code as the center two digits.

Confusing ? Just take the code list referenced in posting #5 and look for a match of the two digit code in the option code listing for your car (mine is deep cherry red so the code is RP and appears in two places as PRP and QRPS

Bostondan77 05-19-2013 09:27 AM

Re: Build plate
 
im not sure but I think they are on the driver side door

yocubed 05-19-2013 05:14 PM

Re: Build plate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostondan77 (Post 825528)
im not sure but I think they are on the driver side door

this is correct there is a sticker inside the drivers door that has the paint code. See the attached picture from my jeephttp://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps3a869190.jpg

Matty470 05-19-2013 07:25 PM

Re: Build plate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 825475)

Brilliant....that's what I am after.
Cheers.

BTW, our Aussie delivered GC's don't have that sticker on the car anywhere, believe me I've been looking....

Bretto 05-19-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty470 (Post 825802)

Brilliant....that's what I am after.
Cheers.

BTW, our Aussie delivered GC's don't have that sticker on the car anywhere, believe me I've been looking....

For what it's worth was just at the dealer and noticed the sticker on the passenger side bottom right when the doors opened

Matty470 05-20-2013 01:53 AM

Re: Build plate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretto (Post 825881)
For what it's worth was just at the dealer and noticed the sticker on the passenger side bottom right when the doors opened

Yeah, that sticker is the Australian compliance plate, not a build plate.

Bretto 05-22-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty470 (Post 825934)
Yeah, that sticker is the Australian compliance plate, not a build plate.

Ok cool. Guess they are like the vw and don't have a build plate


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community