Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   A little help please, more user control (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/a-little-help-please-more-user-control-60233.html)

Speedtech 05-19-2013 09:08 PM

A little help please, more user control

Guys I do occasionally like to race my 2006 Hemi in one on one spectator races that are popular at local dirt tracks, I love beating the "imports" with brute force. I do turn off the traction control but I still notice it working in the corners as I am drifting/setting the Jeep. This is slowing me down substantially due to me having to wait for the Jeep to give me unobstructed power, the Jeep gets sideways slippage due to G forces in the corners and it is clear that the traction control does NOT want me doing this,LOL!!. I am very experienced at this type of driving, what I am wondering is if I pull the ABS fuse will the vehicle just let me do what a want regardless of wheel slippage in the corners????????

ALPINEST4RS 05-21-2013 09:13 AM

Re: A little help please, more user control

Hold the trac button instead of just pushing it. Must be not moving when doing it. Car will beep and display "esp off".

Oh and PIC's of your ride!!

CatMan879 05-21-2013 09:28 AM

Holding it down will not turn off Traction control all the way not on our Jeeps, it will only be partially off. To turn it off fully you need to pull a fuse I believe it is the ABS fuse but dont quote me on that. I saw a thread on the red site about installing a switch that would kill traction control completely. If I can find it I will post it here.

CatMan879 05-21-2013 09:43 AM

How to: ABS Switch - 0% Traction Control - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Here you go

ALPINEST4RS 05-21-2013 10:04 AM

hmm, I hold my button off and esp off comes on. I can sit and spin in the snow without having traction come on at all.

Speedtech 05-21-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPINEST4RS (Post 826562)
hmm, I hold my button off and esp off comes on. I can sit and spin in the snow without having traction come on at all.

Mine will do that as well, get it on the dirt track and drifting in the corners and the vehicles PCM says "oh hell no, we will have none of this".

Speedtech 05-26-2013 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well pulling the ABS Pump Motor fuse gave the results I was looking for, had to run her against a Dodge pick-up, then a Subaru something, next was a Toyota something that sounded like a chainsaw, and finally a V8 Ford Taurus SHO. With my catback exhaust, Diablo (91 tune with trans adapts), Sonnax Transmission line pressure booster, Airaid intake tube, and cooler thermostat none of them was even close. Beating the Toyota was sweet as he makes the rounds to all the local tracks spectator races and wins often I am told, I just do it here at this track where I crew on a Sportsman Modified, AND the fans love the HEMI putting a whipping on the "riceburners"!!!