Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   Diesel fuel prices...there's hope (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/diesel-fuel-prices-theres-hope-60253.html)

jeepinAl 05-20-2013 08:32 AM

Diesel fuel prices...there's hope

1 Attachment(s)
I know some of you are down because of the delay ordering the Diesel GC, but...

Diesel fuel is CHEAPER then gas!!!

...in Seattle ( original home) anyway, but here in Charlotte there's still a $.60 differential in favor of gas.

Keep the dream alive

torifile 05-20-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Diesel fuel prices...there's hope

Diesel always gets cheaper relative to gas during the summer months. It's the winter that kills you.

padgett 05-20-2013 10:15 AM

In winter in some areas diesel must compete for crude with heating oil.

In Florida we have not seen diesel lower than gasoline this century.

Orlando today has 87- U$3.15 to $3.20, 89 - $3.35, diesel - $3.57-$3.61 (cash price). Suspect most of the difference between Seattle and here is taxes and is a lot more on gas than diesel.

Wonder if west coast diesel is coming from the Alaskan pipeline. My understanding is that it is good only for bunker fuel, JP-4, diesel, kerosine, and heating oil. Gasoline may need to come from elsewhere.

Personal opinion is that for the GC it is a choice between the Hemi and the diesel. If the flex-fuel V6 will dd the job, there is no competiton.

Husker4theSpurs 05-20-2013 11:10 AM

Diesel is $0.30 cheaper than the gas I use (87 octane, no ethanol) her in Nebraska currently. Wish I could have a diesel right now ...

padgett 05-20-2013 11:24 AM

I agree, in Omaha diesel is less expensive than reqular. Diesel is also about ten cents a gallon more than in Orlando.

Taxes vary quite a bit from state to state.

Is gasbuddy pretty accurate in different places ? Can selef location and fuel type.

Temerarius 05-20-2013 11:35 AM

Yeah, here in the Seattle burbs, Diesel is running under Regular Unleaded by up to $0.30 per gallon.

I may go rent a big ass fuel trailer and empty a gas station for use later in the winter. :P

loveracing1988 05-20-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 826082)
In winter in some areas diesel must compete for crude with heating oil.

In Florida we have not seen diesel lower than gasoline this century.

Orlando today has 87- U$3.15 to $3.20, 89 - $3.35, diesel - $3.57-$3.61 (cash price). Suspect most of the difference between Seattle and here is taxes and is a lot more on gas than diesel.

Wonder if west coast diesel is coming from the Alaskan pipeline. My understanding is that it is good only for bunker fuel, JP-4, diesel, kerosine, and heating oil. Gasoline may need to come from elsewhere.

Personal opinion is that for the GC it is a choice between the Hemi and the diesel. If the flex-fuel V6 will dd the job, there is no competiton.

I would love to pay 3.20 for gas... I just filled my wife's jeep yesterday for 3.89. Diesel is over $4 last time I looked.

Romeo_Kilo 05-21-2013 02:26 PM

Flying-J here in Grand Forks, ND $4.259 for gas and $4.059 for diesel this afternoon... Where's my CRD order form!?!