Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Would it upset you? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/would-it-upset-you-60320.html)

Belto 05-21-2013 05:55 PM

Would it upset you?

1 Attachment(s)
If your all-american Jeep's / Chrysler exported from Detroit Motor City... Moab Rubicon wheels have a nice Made in China stamp??

Attachment 24078

ms.annthrope 05-21-2013 06:23 PM

Re: Would it upset you?

Is it the fact the wheels were made elsewhere or just Made in China that bothers you? No car is totally made in the US. Parts are sourced out to where the cheapest usable parts can be had. Rams are made sin Mexico using US made Cummins engines--and some have opined that Mexican made Rams actually have better fit and finish than US/UAW made Rams. Lets not even talk about Chevy trucks and where they get their parts. Yet I continually see Sinophobic bashing that is absent in products made in Germany, France, England, or anywhere else in Europe. Come to think of it, your headlights, wiring harness, door handles, lift rods, brake pads, rotors, spare tire, rubber seals, light bulbs, turn signals, horn, hoses, etc., are most likley Chinese made as well. So tell us know what bothers you, wheels being sourced from another country or just from China.

Of course if you are referring to Chinese made parts that may be of lesser quality because the Chinese manufacturers have a long history of manufacturing products that are slipshod and dangerous, from tainted pet food, to fake medicines, to rotten dry walls in Florida, to horrible tires, to rat meat labled as expensive mutton, then you may have a point.

f1anatic 05-21-2013 06:24 PM

What is not made in China these days ?

armoredsaint 05-21-2013 06:25 PM

what about the keyboard, CPU, monitor on your desk...:rolleyes:

peejym 05-21-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 826868)
What is not made in China these days ?

ROFL! :lol: Koreans?

Belto 05-21-2013 06:30 PM

It dont bother me a bit, i guess that WK2 owners are more relax about this sort of things than the XJ or cherokee.. In my previous forum this would be a hell raiser...

Im cool just curious to peoples reaction to were parts are made.

ms.annthrope 05-21-2013 06:30 PM

I bet those UAW "Proudly Made in the USA" stickers were also made in China!

TitanFlyer 05-22-2013 07:23 AM

If you buy a japanese vehicle these days, a lot of the parts and most of the assembly is done in the USA... doesn't upset many. Its now a truly global economy, we just have to accept it.

Hammerhead 05-22-2013 08:37 AM

I guess not since my 2008 CRD has an engine (and I think transmission) from Germany and I'm assuming the ecodiesel engine will be assembled in Italy although I'm not sure where they are actually built.

Dan JGC 05-22-2013 08:37 AM

"The 10 most truly made-in-America cars" - article just came out today.

Jeep Compass, Patriot and Wrangler made the list but not the GC for some reason which is odd, maybe it got overlooked or because of the rims made in China!!! LOL

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/the...ars-2013-05-22

^^^ link is being auto censured due to the T W A T in the word M A R K E T W A T C H. To get to the link cut and paste and replace the **** with T W A T. I guess the censor system is pretty sensitive! LOL

GCLimited 05-22-2013 08:53 AM

Every OEM Jeep accessory I've installed on my new 2014 GC Limited (except for the McGard locking lugnuts) has "Made in China" written on the box...e.g. pedals, skid plates...

:mad:

dizz1979 05-22-2013 08:56 AM

Negative. You might need to go to sensitivity training class.