Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Got a New Jeep.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/got-a-new-jeep-60328.html)

Deuce1911 05-21-2013 09:39 PM

Got a New Jeep..

So when I joined this forum on February 1st-ish.. I had just bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (3.7 V-6).. after owning it exactly 100 days and out of that 100 days it had spent 15 total days at The Shop out of 11 times I had to drop it off to get issues fixed with it.. and had to go back in for day 16 and time number 12.. I said ENOUGH was ENOUGH !! I went to the bank, filled out the paperwork for another loan.. and found myself something a helluva lot better.. a 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited (4.7 V-8 w/97,000).. Talk about Night and Day difference.. after having it for 48hours it had to go back to the dealership (the bolts that held the control arm on the passenger tire were sheered off and need replacing).. So here we are 2 weeks later, No Issues to speak of, I am loving the Leather Interior, the V-8 improvement in Power *I am even getting the same AVG MPG approx 15mpg as I was with the V-6* .. She is Pearl White w/Chrome accent's .. and I have never been a "White" lover.. always Black Vehicles (although my first jeep a 2004 Grand Cherokee was a Dark Gray) this is definitely a change for me, but a good change.. I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would and yah!!

SO, I just thought I would update so when you saw me posting about V-8 stuff it didn't confuse people and have them go huh!? Thought you had a 3.7?? Not that I had been posting a lot here anyways because I was so frustrated with my WK I coulda drove it off a cliff...but now that I am happier you will definitely see me around a lot more.:cool:

Scottina06 05-21-2013 09:40 PM

Re: Got a New Jeep..

congrats!

GBJeep 05-21-2013 09:45 PM

Congrats on the new ride-enjoy!

Deuce1911 05-21-2013 10:01 PM

Thank Guys :-) I just read a thread that kind of scared me a teeny bit, but I am not looking to supertune it anyways.. just a little bit MORE power out of it maybe get a lil better gas mileage/improved throttle response.. but from what I just read the 4.7 is hell to try and work with.. I mean.. in essence.. I just bought the aFe stage 2 intake.. and was planning on Headers, Exhaust, and ehh some sort of programmer but I keep getting mixed opinions on which one to go with.. maybe Hypertech?? :-/ God I HATE not knowing things about vehicles.. lol.. but you have to start somewhere right? But it's my daily driver.. and I want the ability to tow my snowmobiles/Harley.. I Want the ability to know if I have to take it offroad in the event of a situation arises that I can and not have to worry about it not having enough ummmpphhh to get where i need to go.. any thoughts?? :-/