Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/bad-rattle-from-corsa-exhaust-system-60364.html)

Hotstik 05-22-2013 06:20 PM

Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
It would seem that the baffles in one of the resonators of my Corsa exhaust system have broken loose. It sounds like I'm dragging a bunch of tin cans under the car.

I've been trying to get in contact with a Corsa customer service rep for over a week with no luck. I've left messages, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Corsa system???

Chris in NY 05-22-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotstik (Post 827376)
It would seem that the baffles in one of the resonators of my Corsa exhaust system have broken loose. It sounds like I'm dragging a bunch of tin cans under the car.

I've been trying to get in contact with a Corsa customer service rep for over a week with no luck. I've left messages, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Corsa system???

I had the same problem on both counts. The drivers side intermediate muffler (resonator) was the one where i had the rattle. I called Corsa and spoke to a receptionist. She gave my information to one of their technical guys, but he never called back. So, I submitted an inquiry on their Web site. From there everything was handled via E-mail. I needed to provide the purchase receipt to verify that I was the original purchaser of the system so that I could receive warranty coverage.

They sent out replacement left and right intermediate mufflers at no charge along with a prepaid UPS shipping label. I swapped both mufflers, put the old ones back in their packaging and sent them back. This solved the problem. No more rattle. I'm a little annoyed that I had to spend the time revisiting the install but the upside is that the exhaust sounds better. I'm wondering if they also revised the design.

Good luck getting their attention. I think once you do, they will make it right.

Chris

Hotstik 05-23-2013 02:08 AM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Thanks for the info!

I'll try sending them an email.

windsurfnut 05-23-2013 03:23 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
I too had an issue with first the passenger side, then the drivers side. Sucked having to get the exhaust fitted twice to correct the problems. Corsa was good and sent out both sides right away. I've since had the replacements on for 6 or 8 months and its been trouble free since.

Pillbucket 05-24-2013 09:52 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
And just when I was thinking of buying the Corsa setup.....thanks for the heads up guys.

Hotstik 05-24-2013 10:08 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
I emailed Corsa and got a response, which is step in the right direction.

They asked for a photograph of my receipt, which I sent yesterday morning. I have not yet heard back. So, I'm assuming they left early for the holiday weekend.

The exhaust is sounding progressively worse.

How long can I drive it like this? Should I be worried about a piece of resonator baffle blocking off exhaust flow?

Hotstik 05-31-2013 04:48 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Wow! It's been over a week now, and still no response. At this point, I'm not impressed with Corsa's customer service.

The Corsa system was sounding so bad that I removed it, and I re-installed my factory exhaust system.

What a pain in the ass this has become..... :mad:

RUSH - 2112 06-09-2013 07:21 AM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotstik (Post 832552)
Wow! It's been over a week now, and still no response. At this point, I'm not impressed with Corsa's customer service.

The Corsa system was sounding so bad that I removed it, and I re-installed my factory exhaust system.

What a pain in the ass this has become..... :mad:

Geez! I can't believe it. That's Terrible. Sorry you're having so much trouble. I think the Corsa is the most expensive exhaust available. I was just about to hit the order button too!

Please keep us updated.

Good luck!

2011hemigc4me 06-09-2013 06:20 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotstik (Post 827376)
It would seem that the baffles in one of the resonators of my Corsa exhaust system have broken loose. It sounds like I'm dragging a bunch of tin cans under the car.

I've been trying to get in contact with a Corsa customer service rep for over a week with no luck. I've left messages, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Corsa system???

Yes my friend ....I was the first to run into this issue more than year ago. Corsa ended up sending me a new mid pipe resonators. Sorry to hear it took about to get everything straighten out. Never had a issue after the replacement and loved the product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wn...e_gdata_player

Hotstik 06-09-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Sent another email to Corsa a couple days back asking for an update of some sort. I ended up with a reply that stated my "warranty order" would be shipped by June 10.

Hopefully they're sending both resonators.

Hotstik 06-09-2013 07:10 PM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011hemigc4me (Post 838593)
Yes my friend ....I was the first to run into this issue more than year ago. Corsa ended up sending me a new mid pipe resonators. Sorry to hear it took about to get everything straighten out. Never had a issue after the replacement and loved the product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wn...e_gdata_player

Sounds very familiar. :(

frydryce 01-08-2014 03:04 AM

Re: Bad Rattle from Corsa Exhaust System
 
same problem here, will try to contact them


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community