Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Need your opinion on 2014 SRT purchase (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/need-your-opinion-on-2014-srt-purchase-60377.html)

ZZVitas 05-22-2013 09:32 PM

Need your opinion on 2014 SRT purchase

I am going to check out a 2014 SRT on Friday. This is a demo model that currently has 1300 miles on it and has been driven by the owner of the dealership. I was working with the sales agent and he told me that they would discount the Jeep $2000.00 and that was all. The sticker is about 68,500 so I am looking at a cost of 66,500.

A few things that I am concerned about is whether or not the jeep was broken in properly and whether or not it was beat on. I would think that it has seen its share of 0-60 runs. Is there any way to verify if the engine was broken in correctly?

Also, the dealership (at this point) is not willing to do any type of extended warrantee, which again, is concerning.

Lastly, the Jeep is black with the 5 spoke chrome wheels, which I am not crazy about, but still a sick jeep!! My first choice would have been the Max Steel with the multi-spoke wheels. On the other hand, the jeep comes with the pano roof and upgraded stereo, which I wanted.

Anyways, what do you all think? I am torn....

RAC88 05-22-2013 10:07 PM

If you're spending that much money on a car, get EXACTLY what you want. I paid less for my '14 SRT and it had a higher MSRP with zero miles on it. They are screwing you.

phillysrt 05-22-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZVitas (Post 827511)
I am going to check out a 2014 SRT on Friday. This is a demo model that currently has 1300 miles on it and has been driven by the owner of the dealership. I was working with the sales agent and he told me that they would discount the Jeep $2000.00 and that was all. The sticker is about 68,500 so I am looking at a cost of 66,500.

A few things that I am concerned about is whether or not the jeep was broken in properly and whether or not it was beat on. I would think that it has seen its share of 0-60 runs. Is there any way to verify if the engine was broken in correctly?

Also, the dealership (at this point) is not willing to do any type of extended warrantee, which again, is concerning.

Lastly, the Jeep is black with the 5 spoke chrome wheels, which I am not crazy about, but still a sick jeep!! My first choice would have been the Max Steel with the multi-spoke wheels. On the other hand, the jeep comes with the pano roof and upgraded stereo, which I wanted.

Anyways, what do you all think? I am torn....

If your only getting 2k off why not just buy brand new. I would never buy a demo SRT. Just my opinion. I got my 14 for less than that and it had 6 miles on her. Don't get it. Just walk and go to a different dealer and see what they offer

VermontJGC14 05-22-2013 10:24 PM

Re: Need your opinion on 2014 SRT purchase

Agree with ^ these guys. You can rest assured that SRT was beat on, and our local dealership offered us a "demo" Summit with about 2K on it for almost $8,000 below sticker.

SINCE1941 05-22-2013 11:07 PM

Agreed.. For what it's worth, my factory build took just 5 weeks from date of order and I got it for under invoice. It's worth the wait or you can track down the one you want and travel to get her... Just make sure you don't get screwed on the price. Good luck!

Randy10 05-22-2013 11:28 PM

I agree with all the comments, you can get better deals specially if you are in the US. For most of us Canadians the choices are few to none to make a great deal (around MSRP) leave alone get Invoice...:mad:

mjw930 05-23-2013 08:13 AM

I bought an owner's demo and have had zero problems. The whole "break in" thing is overrated with the new engines, there's really nothing they can do to the vehicle to damage it. The SRT vehicles used in the Drive SRT program are delivered factory fresh and "broken in" on the track and they have virtually no issues.

However, buying a demo means getting a substantial discount, I paid $1500 UNDER invoice, $65K sticker, $57K +TTL.

AnotherSRT 05-23-2013 08:24 AM

Know one knows if the owner ,did 0-60's or broke in the Engine the right way, so you are getting it blind, it is up to you, i got my USED 2012 SRT for $48K with 17,000 miles and i love it,except for the part that it has a few rock chips since the previous owner lived in OHIO..... So go with what you think is right......

phillysrt 05-23-2013 08:39 AM

im with ^^^ do what you think is right...but you need to remember...is 2k under invoice worth the possibility of a potential headache???

I mean if it was 10-12k I would definitely give it major thought.....but 2k... that's like another 35 bucks a month added on to payments...not worth it in my eyes....but then again im not a fan of getting used cars especially SRT, M, AMG. but a lot of people on here have bought used and never really hear anything bad! these cars are built to last...

another good point is that during the SRT experience they roll out brand new cars and beat the snot out of them....and they last...so its really what your thinking ya know?

they tell us to break in the motor but yet SRT brings them off the assembly line and beats the piss out of them from mile 1

VermontJGC14 05-23-2013 10:11 AM

I'm sure you've watched the SRT demo videos on YouTube, so think about it: The vehicle you're buying could very easily have been lent out to some yahoo with a camcorder and a website, who then drove it like he stole it for an afternoon. Or maybe that happened three or four times. The very thought of it makes me cringe.

VermontJGC14 05-23-2013 10:21 AM

For example:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 0-60 MPH Launch Control Test - YouTube

I have to think this vehicle was subsequently sold as a "demo."

CHALLENGERBIZJET 05-23-2013 10:50 AM

Believe me the owner didnt drive that srt like a smart car,no warranty and only 2000 off the price?? Red flags..dont settle for what they want to give you,do a little research,beat that price and get exactly what you want..you deserve it and also the peace of mind that comes from getting a new srt and one exactly the way you want it.