Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 A/C Kind of Weak (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-a-c-kind-of-weak-60388.html)

BobsWK2 05-23-2013 01:35 AM

2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
I checked the temperature of the A/C coming out of the center vent (set to coldest temp) and the coldest it reads is 48 degrees F. And this is on an 80 degree day. I would think on a 100 degree day, the A/C performance would be really weak. Has anyone or could someone check the temp coming out of the center vents and let me know the temp reading that you get? Thanks

Maybe mine is working ok, but I know the 2012 WK2 A/C performed better.

not_too_shabby 05-23-2013 11:24 AM

Mine seems weak too. Fortunately hot days are few and far between here. I hope this issue is it arrived undercharged from the factory. I had this issue with my VW and upping the charge helped.

Lanrete 05-23-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 827824)
Mine seems weak too. Fortunately hot days are few and far between here. I hope this issue is it arrived undercharged from the factory. I had this issue with my VW and upping the charge helped.

I'm hoping this too, just like the windshield washer fluid was nowhere near full.

Specx 05-23-2013 02:41 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
Haven't had this issue and I actually have to keep the temperature off of low since it gets so cold. We had a couple triple digit days last week in Socal, but the real summer heat has yet to begin. I'll keep an eye out to see how it performs in the summer heat waves to come, but so far this AC is much better temperature wise and performance wise compared to my Ram.

SW03ES 05-23-2013 05:44 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
I always thought mine was kind of weak. As I said in my post earlier today, the A/C just completely died and the dealer replaced the HVAC control panel...and the A/C is great. Very strong, stronger than its ever been.

So, take it in...

BobsWK2 05-23-2013 07:37 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 828117)
I always thought mine was kind of weak. As I said in my post earlier today, the A/C just completely died and the dealer replaced the HVAC control panel...and the A/C is great. Very strong, stronger than its ever been.

So, take it in...

I was hoping some others would take the time and get a temp reading from the vents. I will probably mention it to the dealer when he gets around to checking out why the keyfob liftgate button requires 4 clicks to operate and also to install the ASCM, but I bet they will say the A/C is performing as designed.

SF_treat 05-24-2013 10:00 AM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
So sad to hear this. I have a 2002 GC Limited whose A/C is just shot. I, the driver, can stay cool, but my shotgun passenger and my kids in the back roast. They prefer to roll down the windows. In July. In Texas. I was hoping it was just due to the age of the car and the fact that the 2002 did not have rear seat vents.

Please keep me posted on this issue. I do not want to have to research another car!!

Jackspat2 05-24-2013 10:56 AM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
I just had my front windows tinted because I've been so hot in this car. It didnt make much of a difference. The AC is weak!!

Icetech 05-24-2013 05:53 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
Mine has 300 miles and doesnt' get near as cold as my 98 does.. i don't have a way to measure it though sorry.. it actually feels like my other one does if it gets a little low on refrigerant.

BobsWK2 05-24-2013 06:54 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetech (Post 828686)
Mine has 300 miles and doesnt' get near as cold as my 98 does.. i don't have a way to measure it though sorry.. it actually feels like my other one does if it gets a little low on refrigerant.

Just can't believe its not as cold as the 2012 was. Low on refrigerant is probably the reason. Guess Jeep holds back the last 1-2 ounces of refrigerant per vehicle and that way at the end of the day (1200 vehicles), they get to keep 150 pounds or so. Must add up at the end of the year.

No doubt that's Sergio's logic. :mad:

Norm340 06-19-2013 01:22 PM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 827621)
I checked the temperature of the A/C coming out of the center vent (set to coldest temp) and the coldest it reads is 48 degrees F. And this is on an 80 degree day. I would think on a 100 degree day, the A/C performance would be really weak. Has anyone or could someone check the temp coming out of the center vents and let me know the temp reading that you get? Thanks

Maybe mine is working ok, but I know the 2012 WK2 A/C performed better.

Using a 2013 Grand Cherokee these are some of Jeep's A/C performance specs

Ambient air temp- 21C/70F-- 27C/80F-- 32C/90F-- 38C/100F-- 43C/110F

Max allowable air- 9C/48F--- 9C/48F--- 12C/54F-- 15C/59F--- 18C-65F
temp at center
panel outlet.

It was 28C/82F according to the dash temp display here today and with my auto temp set to 20C/68F.
It was running at the spec max of 9C/48F and that was with the recirculate off.

It felt good, but I would have thought it would have ran cooler!

nnobles 07-01-2013 12:04 AM

Re: 2014 A/C Kind of Weak
 
For those with a 2014 Grand Cherokee, how is the air flow in the back seat? With the system on Max A/C, you can barely feel any air coming from the rear passenger ducts. The air certainly doesn't make it to the passenger.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community