Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Car just died -no power (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/car-just-died-no-power-60475.html)

jorsr 05-24-2013 08:30 PM

Car just died -no power

Went to pick up my jet skis ,hooked trailer up and pulled up to the front of the store shut the car off and went inside to finish my business then came out and the jeep was dead -nothing - no lights - windows -seats -nothing . I called my dealer and they said to call road service -great - luckily the mechanics at the jetski dealer came out and started looking for the problem after about 15 minutes they discovered a loose wire ,main wire leading out from the fuse box was loose , the wire leading to the positive jump start terminal . I have no idea how that could have come loose ,I never even opened it ,I assume thats how it came from the factory -all is good now - Hope this info can help some one in the future

geox19 05-24-2013 08:59 PM

Re: Car just died -no power

is the wire that came lose in the engine bay or inside the vehicle? Just bought my 2014 JGC this past Monday so I'm not even sure where the battery is or the jump start posts. Guess i better open the hood and take a peak at the hemi. Just found sport mode today that was fun it sounded like a race car driving through San Francisco What a difference compared to echo mode. Glad i don't care about gas mileage too much.

jorsr 05-24-2013 09:13 PM

The engine bay

padgett 05-24-2013 09:46 PM

Sure hearing about a lot of loose wires lately but this is a '12 ?

Battery is under the passenger seat (good idea I think).

jorsr 05-24-2013 09:58 PM

We were not able to move the seat foward -maybe not a good idea

azzolij 05-25-2013 09:00 AM

There is a Positive and Negative post located in the Engine compartment along the
passenger side fender which you can use to jump start the vehicle if needed.

jacko15 05-25-2013 09:01 AM

Holy crap! Never thought of that. Dead battery, power seat. Can you hook up the jumpers under the hood and move the seat if that happens?

bill_de 05-25-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorsr (Post 828760)
Went to pick up my jet skis ,hooked trailer up and pulled up to the front of the store shut the car off and went inside to finish my business then came out and the jeep was dead -nothing - no lights - windows -seats -nothing . I called my dealer and they said to call road service -great - luckily the mechanics at the jetski dealer came out and started looking for the problem after about 15 minutes they discovered a loose wire ,main wire leading out from the fuse box was loose , the wire leading to the positive jump start terminal . I have no idea how that could have come loose ,I never even opened it ,I assume thats how it came from the factory -all is good now - Hope this info can help some one in the future

Location - NY, NY Those roads can shake anything loose.

I once hit a pothole on the Cross Island and as the car stalled smoke started coming out from under the dash. I opened the hood to disconnect the battery and found the oil dipstick had popped up and decided to rest on the primary terminal of the coil. :eek:

padgett 05-25-2013 12:43 PM

Remove four bolts and the whole seat comes out if necessary. No big.

BobsWK2 05-25-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 828986)
Holy crap! Never thought of that. Dead battery, power seat. Can you hook up the jumpers under the hood and move the seat if that happens?

Sure can