Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/340-for-a-430n-rbz-is-that-a-good-price-60500.html)

Chunderboy 05-25-2013 03:33 PM

$340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Also, on the link that the seller provided ( Owners - Quality - Media Center 430 (RBZ) ) it clearly shows the headunit having navigation. Am I missing something here?

Also, the part number is P05064685AF

Help a brother out.

eibyer 05-25-2013 05:23 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
RBZs don't have NAV. Check if there's an actual pic of item.

Chunderboy 05-25-2013 05:26 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 829260)
RBZs don't have NAV. Check if there's an actual pic of item.

There is, but no NAV button. That's why I was like wtf when it showed pics from the durango manual with one. Btw, if it was for a durango. Other than the back light are there any differences? Also, what's the color of the background

eibyer 05-25-2013 05:29 PM

I think Scott sold one before and the color was blue instead of green. Check the mounting tabs too, must be on top. I bought an RBZ before for 250 if I remember correctly.

Chunderboy 05-25-2013 05:34 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 829264)
I think Scott sold one before and the color was blue instead of green. Check the mounting tabs too, must be on top. I bought an RBZ before for 250 if I remember correctly.

Yea, they are on the top and bottom. I wonder how different the colors are? I. E. Will it loom stupid.

eibyer 05-25-2013 05:36 PM

It would probably drive me nuts especially on a long drive at night.

Chunderboy 05-25-2013 05:38 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 829269)
It would probably drive me nuts especially on a long drive at night.

You couldn't be more right. I am on the cusp of retentive and ocd. No way that could work

eibyer 05-25-2013 06:12 PM

Maybe you'll find one better than this one.

Chunderboy 05-25-2013 06:16 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 829280)
Maybe you'll find one better than this one.

Here's to that.

padgett 05-26-2013 08:58 AM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Just a note but a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and a mounting stalk is less than $200 and can do much more including engine diagnostics & up to 16 GB of music on a micro SD card. You can also move between cars or carry it with you when not in car.

If looking at others, make sure they have GPS built in (not a-GPS or e-GPS).

I did not bother with a 3 or 4G since I have a Verizon MiFi hotspot or can tether to phone.

Does let you see exactly what effect a CAI is having on IAT.

Chunderboy 05-26-2013 10:02 AM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 829539)
Just a note but a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and a mounting stalk is less than $200 and can do much more including engine diagnostics & up to 16 GB of music on a micro SD card. You can also move between cars or carry it with you when not in car.

If looking at others, make sure they have GPS built in (not a-GPS or e-GPS).

I did not bother with a 3 or 4G since I have a Verizon MiFi hotspot or can tether to phone.

Does let you see exactly what effect a CAI is having on IAT.


That is a great point but i am trying to keep the dash as stock looking as possible. i do have the galaxy s3 with tether, but i do like the look of the big screen integrated into the dash.

padgett 05-26-2013 08:21 PM

Re: $340 for a 430n RBZ - Is that a good price
 
In 1958 Pontiac had a radio called a "Sportable". In the dash it functioned normally. Press a catch and the radio slid out for the beach or whatever.

What I want in a car is an integrated docking station for a tablet I can remove. All the car needs to provide is antenna, power, amp, and speakers.

Am real close now but Windows tablets are all 10" and up. I want a 7". (Mopar 8.4 appears to be a 7" with soft buttons on top and bottom).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community