Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Grille Guards and Bull Bars (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/grille-guards-and-bull-bars-60623.html)

Laredo2006 05-28-2013 01:33 PM

Grille Guards and Bull Bars

Would you guys put a Grille Guard or Bull Bar on your WK Jeep?

Mine's black, would chrome/stainless steel or black look better you think?

These are my choices:

Bull Bars:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bull Bars at CARiD.com

Grille Guard:

ONKIŽ - Jeep Grand Cherokee 2005-2006 Aegis Grille Guard

What do you guys think? How would they look? Here are some samples:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Aegis...K8-44APz6oGAAg

I also put some chrome tail light covers, they look so and so, will have to take some pictures..I might remove these, not sure.

Boston 05-30-2013 06:19 PM

Re: Grille Guards and Bull Bars

I personally like the bullguard

Laredo2006 06-03-2013 02:32 PM

BLACK HORSEŽ - 3" Bull Bar With Skid Plate - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bull Bar - Black Horse BH-BB080009X-SP

suzieque 06-04-2013 09:53 AM

the advice I've read is that the grille guards are mostly decorative and protect against shopping cart and soccer moms at the mall, some guys go as far as saying a grille guard actually causes more damage in a front end collision because the guard is often pushed into the hood instead of letting the bumper absorb the crash. Personally, I really like the look of the grille guard and I would consider a stainless version for my silver WK.

Again, its personal preference, but I don't like the look of the WK with the bull bar. guys also complain about the approach angle loss with a bull bar.

are you intending to off road?

Grunty Motor 06-04-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 834737)
the advice I've read is that the grille guards are mostly decorative and protect against shopping cart and soccer moms at the mall, some guys go as far as saying a grille guard actually causes more damage in a front end collision because the guard is often pushed into the hood instead of letting the bumper absorb the crash. Personally, I really like the look of the grille guard and I would consider a stainless version for my silver WK.

Again, its personal preference, but I don't like the look of the WK with the bull bar. guys also complain about the approach angle loss with a bull bar.

are you intending to off road?

agreed

Laredo2006 06-04-2013 09:57 PM

I think I'm just going to leave it stock and maybe just put some well designed wing over the back upper middle brake light...The idea with the bumper also makes sense.

breann66 06-24-2013 10:08 PM

I just bought a black 2007 grand cherokee laredo for my first car a few days ago and I'm not sure if I want to add a black brush guard to the front. Any advice?

suzieque 06-28-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breann66 (Post 847639)
I just bought a black 2007 grand cherokee laredo for my first car a few days ago and I'm not sure if I want to add a black brush guard to the front. Any advice?

I like the look of a black brush guard on a black jeep. The problem with the black brush guard is that even though they are powder coated, they can rust when there are rock chips.

S.M.H. 07-22-2013 05:39 PM

I put an Aries grille guard on my 07 Limited (steel metallic blue or whatever its called) and have thoroughly enjoyed it for some time. Had some issues with rust along the way at the screw/ bolts but was able to scrape the rust and paint over. Looked pretty new. Insurance covered a replacement when I was backed into so I treated the screws before they shop put them on and am hoping for the best. I'm still unsure about lights though. Kinda want to pick up some rectangle lights with jeep covers like the ones that use to be on the 90's Cherokees and wagoneers.