Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Florida, ready to purchase 2014 JGC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/florida-ready-to-purchase-2014-jgc-60667.html)

twou 05-29-2013 10:28 AM

Florida, ready to purchase 2014 JGC

I'm ready to purchase a 2014 JGC. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if there were any group buys planned, or taking place in Florida? If not, I would be looking for a reputable dealer and service dept in Central/NE Fla. Thanks.

snooker 05-29-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Florida, ready to purchase 2014 JGC

I might be interested too in the South/Central Florida area.

padgett 05-29-2013 08:27 PM

Orlando has three local dealers and two more within 20 miles. I have very good luck with Central Florida Chrysler-Jeep in south Orlando.

SJTampa 05-29-2013 08:55 PM

Add me to the group buy list. Central Florida Tampa area

bigpappy33 05-29-2013 11:03 PM

I got mine in South Florida for under invoice. Do some heavy searching and know exactly what you want.

Jetmanflyhigh 02-16-2014 05:03 PM

Ready to buy.... 2014 Jeep GC also 'If' I can get a similar deal like I've seen in the various buy clubs on this forum.

Lets make a deal!

Michael
Tampa
:thumbsup:

Dan JGC 02-16-2014 06:53 PM

Hi All..... Myself and another forum member met up for the first time at a SE Florida dealership armed to negotiate. I was ready to buy with checkbook in hand. He was serious but not ready to pull the trigger. We were trying to get close to the DC Buyers Group price.

Well................

He walked out with a gorgeous 2014 Overland 4x4 V8 in Maximum Steal with Black interior. Close to the DC price. His included a trade that worked out for him.

I, on the other hand, got almost as close but walked away. Why you may ask? Well the 2014 Summit 4x4 V8 had that CD player that takes up so much storage (both the top storage compartment and half the bottom part) for $395 extra. The price they gave me was $700 more than the DC deal AND their fee was $400 more making it $1,100 more than DC price in an apples to apples comparison. Plus of course I was getting and paying for the $395 CD player. So I would rather order one without the CD player to save the $395 and of course the $1,100 better price. My potential trade was much newer (2011) and they just weren't will to give what I wanted. They would give me $1,000 more off the price of the new one if I traded but the trade price was low. Well, close but no cigar.

The said they'd sell for $50,680 on a $56,280 sticker price. But they have a $899 dealer fee which is very high even by Florida dealership standards. Perhaps they will call me back as they indicated that it isn't near the end of the month yet....

Can't find EXACTLY what I want at a dealer so looks like I am ordering......will do DC unless an area dealership matches.

The other forum member's deal shows it can be done.....

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Perhaps if people are absolutely serious to buy (probably some or most will be orders if you aren't flexible --- I know I am not flexible on what I want so mine is an order unless already in the system).....maybe we can do a group buy........

fun2drive 02-16-2014 11:33 PM

Live in Florida and looked at both GBs in DC and Houston. Went for Houston purely because it is a shorter drive back. I don't buy off the lot because when I drop 50K large plus and keep a ride a long time I want it set up the way that suits my needs...
Very happy and have been enjoying my SFU for a couple weeks now...