Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Bluetooth streaming in 05 WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/bluetooth-streaming-in-05-wk-60682.html)

s20dbond 05-29-2013 01:38 PM

Bluetooth streaming in 05 WK

So I did some searches, and didn't find anything on here. I called Crutchfield, and they were no help. My WK has the UConnect which is cool for the phone calls, but I want to be able to stream music from my android phone, without cords. I have the 6 disc CD player, non navigation. I don't want to buy an aftermarket head unit, and deal with any of that. I like the stereo just fine, but what is the best bluetooth hook up for this radio?

Doug

zeprider25 05-29-2013 02:33 PM

idk if thats possible. my 08 mygig doesn't have that feature but my wife's 11 does.

s20dbond 05-31-2013 04:31 PM

Re: Bluetooth streaming in 05 WK

Anyone? I'm just trying to find a bluetooth adapter that will allow me to stream music. I'm not trying to make the UConnect stream music. I know it won't.

meistro 06-06-2013 10:13 AM

I don't think you are going to be able to make it happen with the UConnect system. I don't believe that it supports the ADP2 that is needed to make the bluetooth audio streaming happen.

Suck it up and buy an aftermarket unit or plug the phone in.

s20dbond 06-06-2013 01:57 PM

I didn't expect that it would be possible with uconnect, as I said in my earlier posts, but I don't want to buy an aftermarket head unit because I don't want to jack around with getting the steering wheel controls back.

meistro 06-07-2013 08:07 AM

well unfortunately they don't make a bluetooth adapter that works with it. If you are worried about losing the steering wheel controls get the pac interface adapter that will allow you to keep the controls and that solves your problem.

What you want is not physically possible. The only option you have is to get an aftermarket unit and purchase the additional adapter to allow you to keep the steering wheel controls.

Or hardwire via an aux connection. The choice is yours.

dragginNCrds 07-31-2013 07:33 PM

i have seen before people adding aux ports down low in their dash and being able to use some type of adapter to put the aux port onto the radio.. well i saw a while back a company made a bluetooth adaptor that hooked up with RCAs for head units that had a RCA input for aux but did not come equiped with bluetooth.. just a thought.. i am thinking about doing this to our 09 if i can find the adaptor again..

brentwoodkris 08-01-2013 09:43 AM

I'm glad my WK has the VES system so I can just jack into it from the phone with a mini-jack to RCA wire and viola, I have Pandora playing!

meistro 08-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 868219)
I'm glad my WK has the VES system so I can just jack into it from the phone with a mini-jack to RCA wire and viola, I have Pandora playing!

Bingo!!!!

greenwayer 08-19-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 868219)

Why don't you just add an aux jack? I put an aux jack which wires into my sat radio and when I plug in a cable it automatically switches to aux, I placed the port in the blank near the adjustable pedal buttons. I can let you know how to do it if you want...

brentwoodkris 08-19-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 878593)
Why don't you just add an aux jack? I put an aux jack which wires into my sat radio and when I plug in a cable it automatically switches to aux, I placed the port in the blank near the adjustable pedal buttons. I can let you know how to do it if you want...

So you're telling me that I should undertake a project that will in no way change the process except that it would "automatically switch" to Aux? Right now, all I have to do is plug in my player to my VES jack (same as putting in an aux) and then press the VES button on my REC. In fact, it might already automatically change on its own, I can't remember as I've been on the motorcycle more than the Jeep lately.

That being said, others without a REC + VES might appreciate your instructions on how to add an aux port.

greenwayer 08-19-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 878598)
So you're telling me that I should undertake a project that will in no way change the process except that it would "automatically switch" to Aux? Right now, all I have to do is plug in my player to my VES jack (same as putting in an aux) and then press the VES button on my REC. In fact, it might already automatically change on its own, I can't remember as I've been on the motorcycle more than the Jeep lately.

That being said, others without a REC + VES might appreciate your instructions on how to add an aux port.

Yes, the connector has spring loaded metal tabs inside which get disconnected when an aux cable is inserted. When the cable is removed the tabs close and the satelite radio resumes playing. Well you have cables running to the back where they plug in to your vex, if you use the VES then you have to reach back and take out your cables and its just not as "clean". If you dont ever use your ves I guess it could work, but its still not as seamless. But I guess if it doesnt bother you, it doesnt matter. This project takes only about a half hour to an hour and is really very cheap.

You will need satellite radio for this. What I did was I bought 1/8" Phone Jack 274 246 @ RadioShack 2.99 and followed this guide for the wiring
http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/...x-rec-nav.html
then I drilled a hole into my dash like this
In-Dash Aux Input - JeepForum.com
and I mounted the jack on the panel. So it looks factory and was super cheap. You will need at least the free channel 184 on your satellite radio. If you have a satellite radio but arent getting channel 184 on your radio, call sirius and have them activate it for free. If you dont have a soldering iron you can buy one at harbor freight for 5 bucks. You will also need some solder. It just plays of the radio until you stick an aux cable into the port then it switches to aux.