Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Debadged my 2014 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/debadged-my-2014-overland-60686.html)

chukeer 05-29-2013 03:11 PM

Debadged my 2014 Overland

Looks much better IMO. Just need to get these mirrors wrapped or pull off the chrome covers and replace them with paint matched covers.

Also looked into replacing the handles, but the dealer wants $140/hr for 4 hours of labor to replace all four door handles...Maybe I can get the handles wrapped too??

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psc139a27a.jpg

Jeff_H2O 05-29-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Debadged my 2014 Overland

Quote:

Originally Posted by chukeer (Post 831140)
Looks much better IMO. Just need to get these mirrors wrapped or pull off the chrome covers and replace them with paint matched covers.

Also looked into replacing the handles, but the dealer wants $140/hr for 4 hours of labor to replace all four door handles...Maybe I can get the handles wrapped too??

Looks great, I like it! Now if only there was a way to remove the rear badge without having the molding behind it still showing.

2014BilletGC 05-29-2013 03:38 PM

Looks great! How about some side and rear pictures.

That's the first thing I plan to do when I get it home before I wash and wax it. In D1 status now.

I wish Jeep offered the option to have it debadged at the factory. When I built my current car I had it debadged at the factory as a no cost option.

davekarn 05-29-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014BilletGC (Post 831170)
Looks great! How about some side and rear pictures.

That's the first thing I plan to do when I get it home before I wash and wax it. In D1 status now.

I wish Jeep offered the option to have it debadged at the factory. When I built my current car I had it debadged at the factory as a no cost option.

That's kinda surprising a factory would agree to do this! It's enough of an argument telling my dealer not to put their crap on it as it is. Debating about the debadging myself. As I understand it they take it off when you get Xpel (or similar) put on as it is. May just make the decision then.

Looks good though!

CHALLENGERBIZJET 05-30-2013 12:55 AM

Never thought about debadging the jeep,what's involved with that process exactly? What were you able to take off??

akimball 05-30-2013 01:06 AM

Much much better!

chukeer 05-30-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 831521)
Never thought about debadging the jeep,what's involved with that process exactly? What were you able to take off??

For now I just took the Jeep Emblem off the hood...debating if I want to remove the 4x4 and Overland Badges from the rear or not...

Just need a little heat (blow dryer or heat gun), I use fishing line to slide between the badges and the car to cut away the adhesive, then just peel away the remaining adhesive / use some Goo Gone.

Takes about 5 minutes and really cleans things up nicely.

studio1930 05-30-2013 09:09 AM

It does look nice and clean, but I like the badges. Especially the Overland and trail rated badges. :thumbsup:

CHALLENGERBIZJET 05-30-2013 11:37 AM

Yeah I might take off that front hood badge but I do like the trail rated badging on both sides of the overland..mine will have it and the rear badging isn't too bad except for the huge jeep badging on the rear deck.

chukeer 05-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 831754)
Yeah I might take off that front hood badge but I do like the trail rated badging on both sides of the overland..mine will have it and the rear badging isn't too bad except for the huge jeep badging on the rear deck.

I didn't have the trail rated badges on my Overland...:confused: Oh well, saves me some time.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 05-30-2013 11:43 AM

Yeah you have to make sure the dealer puts them on for you before you take delivery,they go on the front quarter panel just forward of the drivers and passengers door.

chukeer 05-30-2013 11:46 AM

Yeah, I've seen them before. I guess the dealer did me a favor by not slapping them on. ;)