Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Note II contacts not all transferring to GC address book via BT (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/note-ii-contacts-not-all-transferring-to-gc-address-book-via-bt-60690.html)

secatty 05-29-2013 04:00 PM

Note II contacts not all transferring to GC address book via BT

I just bought the Note II from Verizon and I am unable to get all of the contacts in my phone to transfer to the Car's address book via bluetooth. Some transfer, most don't. The actual phone for calling works fine otherwise. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.

DirtyCityJeep 06-09-2013 07:42 PM

Re: Note II contacts not all transferring to GC address book via BT

I would make sure both your phone and your radio have the latest updates. Idk which radio you have otherwise I would tell you where to find updates for it. On the Note it is in your settings -> about phone ->software update

turbospartan 06-13-2013 11:55 AM

My 2012 does this too... I'll use the phone button and say "call so-and-so" and most of the times it will find that person.

But randomly, it won't find certain people. Even when I manually call them using my phone - there is still no contact name on the screen, only the phone number.

eljeffe505 06-15-2013 09:31 AM

My Note 2 & S3 sync'd quickly. Try deleting the pairing and give it another shot. One of the few things that actually worked well on my Overland.

GreenWaveATL 06-25-2013 03:03 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), and I was able to pair it right away with my '14 JGC Ltd with the 8.4AN. However, I did notice when I uploaded my Phonebook that it did not load all of my contacts.

I am not sure, but I suspect it is because many of my contacts in my phone are "linked contacts," meaning I'm pulling & combining info from various sources, such as Sim card, Gmail, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

I've noticed that my unlinked contacts came through just fine. For now, it's not a big deal to me. I just manually saved my most important contacts to the UConnect Phone Favorites. But if you do find a solution to get the entire phonebook to load, I'd be glad to know about it.

DirtyCityJeep 06-26-2013 05:46 PM

GreenWave, make sure your unit is up to date. I had that problem at first also and I did an update that fixed the phonebook issue. Just enter the last 8 of your vin and see if you qualify for the update. The last one I got came through at the end of May.

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Willx 06-26-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyCityJeep (Post 848733)
GreenWave, make sure your unit is up to date. I had that problem at first also and I did an update that fixed the phonebook issue. Just enter the last 8 of your vin and see if you qualify for the update. The last one I got came through at the end of May.

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

There is newer software. Search 13.19.0 or UConnect in the forum.

GreenWaveATL 06-29-2013 01:44 PM

Thanks, DirtyCityJeep. Thanks, Willx. I had my GC in the dealer earlier this week to have the ABS module replaced, and they also "updated" my RA4 version to address some screen freezing issues I was experiencing with SiriusXM. I'm not sure which version I'm now running; I will check it & get back to you. I do know that I'm still not getting all of my contacts to come through.

GreenWaveATL 07-03-2013 09:31 PM

I checked my system, and I'm currently running 13.19.0. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to get all my contacts to come through. I've unpaired my phone and reconnected it, and I still don't get all my contacts to come through.

Any ideas on next steps? Do I need to do any type of reset? I'm game for any suggestions you may have.

DirtyCityJeep 07-03-2013 09:34 PM

Try unpairing and deleting it from your phone also and starting fresh. Another thing to double check is plugging your phone into your computer and checking for updates with Samsung Kies as some update don't come OTA. I had similar issue with my S4 and that fixed my problem. Good luck

Willx 07-03-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenWaveATL (Post 852642)
I checked my system, and I'm currently running 13.19.0. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to get all my contacts to come through. I've unpaired my phone and reconnected it, and I still don't get all my contacts to come through.

Any ideas on next steps? Do I need to do any type of reset? I'm game for any suggestions you may have.

Dirt City has some good suggestions there. Always delete and re-pair after any phone or UConnect upgrade. 2 things on address book... It does not take everything, only valid phone entries. I have 1180 Contact but I only get close to 800 sync. It is ok though becasue it skips no phone number entries. Other thing is if it comes across and entry with invalid characters it screws it up, so make sure you don't have a much of MSN or other linked auto additions, they are garbage.

Willx 07-03-2013 09:50 PM

on another note, test your VR and your Nav and make sure it is quick. Some of the loads of 13.19.0 didn't take properly first time.