Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ordered 2014 JGC Ltd V6 yesterday (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ordered-2014-jgc-ltd-v6-yesterday-60696.html)

Mcdenny 05-29-2013 05:49 PM

Ordered 2014 JGC Ltd V6 yesterday

I've been mostly lurking with an occasional post here and there but have learned a lot in the last six months reading about the new 2014 improvements. I held out for the eight speed and finally pulled the trigger yesterday.

We have been cruising the lots looking at colors and decided on Max Steel with light frost interior. The local dealer (good folks, this will be the third JGC I've bought from them) got one with this color scheme a few days ago and seeing it made the decision easy. I went to try to buy it but it was a sold order so no dice. Zero other Limiteds with V6 and tow package within 200 miles of Detroit so I had to order.

Actually, with all the electronic issues, I'm just as happy to get a brand new one. I imagine (dear God, i hope!) the Jeep engineers are applying running changes to address some of the early problems.

The only other car I considered was a Touareg diesel. It drove great but would have cost $10k more than the V6 Limited and had fewer features. That low rpm torque was sweet, though.

We tow a 3,000# camper all winter and are looking to upgrade to a larger (probably vintage) Airstream in the next year or two. The Jeeps 6200 # tow rating was important and the rear load leveling shocks will improve trailering too. I know a heavier trailer would probably need a WDH hitch. (The Touareg can pull 7700# but the manual says "absolutely no WDH". You'd be crazy to tow a trailer that heavy with any vehicle the size and weight of a Touareg without a WDH. No WDH, WTF?)

Anyway, thanks to all of you for educating me. I probably saved $1000 by knowing what others were paying.

I bought the car from Butch Kuhn at Moran CDJ in St Clair, MI, about 50 miles NE of Detroit. The whole process couldn't have taken twenty minutes, none of the classic car sales BS. I was happy with their service department for the very little service my previous Jeeps needed.

Just ponied up for Level 3 and will be PMing Milious shortly to start tracking.

Chris_IAH 05-29-2013 05:53 PM

Re: Ordered 2014 JGC Ltd V6 yesterday

Congrats and Thanks for the support of the site !!!

Marlon_JB2 05-29-2013 05:56 PM

Thanks for your order! ;)

JustinB60 05-29-2013 10:45 PM

My parents live in St. Clair... I was just there about 4 days ago! :D

They live over off of Pug Rd behind the golf course. Do you know what your deal was vs invoice? If you got a great deal I might consider buying mine up there as well.

Tony407 05-30-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcdenny (Post 831292)
The only other car I considered was a Touareg diesel. It drove great but would have cost $10k more than the V6 Limited and had fewer features. That low rpm torque was sweet, though.

I almost bought a '13 Toureg TDI Executive and have pretty much decided on a '14 JGC. I drove at least 4 different Touregs at different dealerships and all of them had a distinct but slight clunking in the rear suspension when going over small bumps, like sewer covers & expansion joints, etc. Most of the salespeople heard it too but thought it was normal for the Toureg. Maybe, but not something I could live with. And it should go without saying that the Jeep has no such noises.

Tony

Mcdenny 05-30-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinB60 (Post 831470)
Do you know what your deal was vs invoice? If you got a great deal I might consider buying mine up there as well.

3%ish below invoice. I had an affiliate code number.

Mcdenny 06-03-2013 03:46 PM

First email from VOTS today, "Production Scheduled" but no date yet. Tracking Number (VIN): EC239xxx.

Paid for Level III last Thursday but no change in status yet so I can't see MOTS.

SnoFire 06-03-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcdenny (Post 834239)
First email from VOTS today, "Production Scheduled" but no date yet. Tracking Number (VIN): EC239xxx.

Paid for Level III last Thursday but no change in status yet so I can't see MOTS.

You won't see any change in MOTS until it hits KZ or Inspection.

Mcdenny 06-07-2013 04:06 PM

Hey, guess what came in the mail today... yup, a $500 off coupon. Sweet!!!

I'm so glad the car I wanted two weeks ago was sold and I had to order one. Saved $975 by not having to take the 20" wheels and now $500 more.

According to MOTS, went D1 on 6/4 but no est delivery date yet. Milous is tracking 6 vehicles that went D1 between 6/2 and 6/5. Only two have est delivery dates so far. Is this normal?

GCLimited 06-07-2013 04:39 PM

It amazes me that some people pay close to $40,000 or more for an SUV and don't opt for the trailer hitch option.

kbre 06-07-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCLimited (Post 837386)
It amazes me that some people pay close to $40,000 or more for an SUV and don't opt for the trailer hitch option.

I bought my 2013 used, I would have liked the Factory Hitch but I just added an aftermarket one, very simple. The hitch was around $120, the wiring connector about $30, and $30 to add the PCM programming. VERY easy to install (4 bolts) and I just made a bracket for the plug and riveted it on. Still way cheaper than factory. Sure I don't have the bigger alternator or Max cooling. But all I will ever tow is maybe a utility trailer, motorcycle trailer, or a small u-haul so I'm not worried about it. The aftermarket hitch actually puts the receiver in a better spot then factory for my main use which is an Ottostep for my dogs.

yjbeach 06-07-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcdenny (Post 831646)
3%ish below invoice. I had an affiliate code number.

What is 3% below invoice? $33,000 OTD?