Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Battery under passenger seat (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/battery-under-passenger-seat-60733.html)

Sleestak 05-30-2013 12:18 PM

Battery under passenger seat

I thought this was a rather nifty idea for battery placement but curious - how is the battery replaced from under the seat? Do they actually have to remove the passenger seat to access it? Also, what is in the compartment under the driver seat?

AZhiCntry 05-30-2013 12:28 PM

Re: Battery under passenger seat

Seat removal not necessary. Seat moves forward and up enough to get a new battery in. Under the driver seat is an electronic module. IDR which one.

camtah 05-30-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 831776)
Seat removal not necessary. Seat moves forward and up enough to get a new battery in. Under the driver seat is an electronic module. IDR which one.

Unless the battery is dead..:D (electric seats of course)

AZhiCntry 05-30-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camtah (Post 831781)

Simple enough to use a power pak to power up if needed.

camtah 05-30-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 831786)
Simple enough to use a power pak to power up if needed.

I know.. I was just messin' with you:D

Jim_in_PA 05-30-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camtah (Post 831781)

Jump start the vehicle, move the seat, turn it off and do the replacement. :)

In many respects, I actually like the battery location...which is cleaner and less exposed to engine heat, etc. 'Can't hurt...

Northland 05-30-2013 01:26 PM

I believe that's the QuadraLift control module underneath the driver's seat. Is that space empty in GCs without QL?

markp99 05-30-2013 02:29 PM

Yep, mostly empty in my non-QL Jeep. There is a harness/connector flopping around in there, but that's all.

jacko15 05-30-2013 02:38 PM

My '08 Enclave had the battery in just about the same place as the JGC. Less hostile environment, and not a lot of room under the hood for it.

studio1930 05-30-2013 03:45 PM

While we are discussing it, the rear hatch on the 2014 is also power only. I killed my battery detailing my Jeep with the radio on all day. When I tried to get my jumper cables in the trunk, I was unable due to the hatch not opening. I had a dog crate permanently mounted to a board in the back so it can only be removed via the trunk hence I could not simply climb through the back seat.

I guess I'll have to relocate the jumpers to a place other than the trunk. :confused:

Lanrete 05-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio1930 (Post 831896)
While we are discussing it, the rear hatch on the 2014 is also power only. I killed my battery detaining my Jeep with the radio on all day. When I tried to get my jumper cables in the trunk, I was unable due to the hatch not opening. I had a dog crate permanently mounted to a board in the back so it can only be removed via the trunk hence I could not simply climb through the back seat.

I guess I'll have to relocate the jumpers to a place other than the trunk. :confused:

Dang! I never thought of that! Thanks for the heads up.

studio1930 05-30-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanrete (Post 831897)
Dang! I never thought of that! Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't either so I am glad I discovered it in the garage and not out on the trail or side of the road. Also, when the battery was about to die, the wiper blade turned on (rain sensitive wipers were on but not doing anything) and wiped my front window up until the battery died. Also, using the Start/Stop button would not turn off the Jeep so I just had to let it wipe the front window and kill the battery 100%. Crazy that the Start/Stop button would not turn off the ACC. :(