Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Night Time Navigation Display (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/night-time-navigation-display-60753.html)

Metsfan1975 05-30-2013 09:37 PM

Night Time Navigation Display

Got rid of my S550 for the new 2014 JGC and glad I did. Still trying to figure out the tech side, but how can the night time display automatically come up without having to turn that dimmer switch to a different setting its still bright during the day? I've heard you have to put the dimmer switch to a lower setting and that puts it to the night time setting. Is that it?

jacko15 05-30-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Night Time Navigation Display

Owner's manual: Uconnect ACCESS SETTINGS, Soft-Keys, Display.

Sensor on dash determines ambient lighting.

Lanrete 05-30-2013 10:05 PM

There is a setting choice within UConnect settings where you set the display to auto (or always day or always night), in addition, the brightness wheel can't be clicked into the brightest setting.

Metsfan1975 05-30-2013 10:11 PM

I have it set on auto, but at 9pm at night, it's still bright as can be and looks the same as it does during the day. The only time it switches to night mode even if its on auto is if I do something with that stinkin dimmer switch. I'm guessing I either have a problem or i just have to use that dimmer switch.

Roki303 05-30-2013 10:35 PM

For me, It switches to night the moment headlights come on in Auto mode.

Metsfan1975 05-31-2013 07:40 AM

Ill have to try that. I haven't been keeping the headlights on auto since I like the look of the fog lamps being on

chukeer 05-31-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metsfan1975 (Post 832176)
I have it set on auto, but at 9pm at night, it's still bright as can be and looks the same as it does during the day. The only time it switches to night mode even if its on auto is if I do something with that stinkin dimmer switch. I'm guessing I either have a problem or i just have to use that dimmer switch.

Turn down your dimmer dial. My Nav dims upon the headlights turnining on. Otherwise you can adjust settings to have it right in night mode all the time.

not_too_shabby 05-31-2013 09:02 AM

If you turn the dimmer dial up till it clicks I believe that disables the auto mode. Try turning the dual all the way up but stop before it clicks.

cnynctry 05-31-2013 09:21 AM

There are actually the two detents on the dimmer switch plus the dimmer controls. All the way up turns on the interior lights. One click down is "parade mode" Allows you to turn on the headlights but keep the dash and uconnect screen brightest. As mentioned within UConnect settings where you set the display to auto and use the dash dimmer wheel to control brightness when the headlights come on.

Metsfan1975 05-31-2013 11:27 AM

So it seems as if I can do a few different things.

1. Leave the lights on Auto and the uconnect setting on auto
2. Put the dimmer switch up but not on the two highest settings and keep the uconnect on auto
3. Leave it always on night time.

That sound about right?