Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   So I traded in my 2012 overland... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/so-i-traded-in-my-2012-overland-60756.html)

Jaxon217 05-30-2013 11:37 PM

So I traded in my 2012 overland...

1 Attachment(s)
This post is more of a vent, and a thanks to jeepgarage members for helping me make my car purchase this week.

I bought my first Jeep exactly a year ago - a 2012 3.6L black overland. I joined this forum shortly after, and with the help of many posts, I made some exterior dechroming mods and installed a CAI. I was hooked on my Jeep, and loved reading about all the possible exterior/interior/performance mods. But after driving for a year, the 3.6L engine always leaved me wanting a little more, and there a few trim options on the overland that i just never really cared for (im talking to you wood steering wheel), or never really used and felt like a waste (quadra-lift system, adaptive cruise control).

For a month I toyed with the idea of trading my overland in for a WK2 limited with a hemi. I knew it was probably a stupid idea and that I would lose out on money, but if you dont have fun driving your car, then whats the point?
I wasn't a huge fan of the new exterior redesign of the 14's, but thought i'd give it a shot since i love the interior upgrades and i get supplier discount on new vehicles.

Long story short, i took one for a test drive last week and yada yada yada i picked up my 14 black limited w/hemi yesterday! I guess you could say the exterior grew on me, because i absolutely love the look of this Jeep!

Thanks again JeepGarage members for your posts and (unknowingly) helping me make my decision.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a Mopar 3.6L CAI or black painted rear brow for WK2, I'll be posting these soon.

jgc4ever 05-30-2013 11:51 PM

Re: So I traded in my 2012 overland...

Looks great. Good choice getting the Hemi, and I really like the brilliant black mirror caps, I did the same with brilliant black parts on my '12 Overland.

Jaxon217 05-31-2013 12:09 AM

Thanks jgc. I used those black mirror caps on my 2012 as well. I swapped them into my '14 as soon as i got it back to my garage (after enjoying the hemi around town first of course)

Marcodame 05-31-2013 08:59 AM

Jaxon u r not alone Bro, I did exactly the same thing. Traded in my 2012 Limited v6 for 2014 Overland with Hemi. I know exactly how u feel , btw how r u liking ur new baby can't wait till mine is delivered.

VermontJGC14 05-31-2013 10:55 AM

I guess you went Lux, by the headlights. What else did you get on it?

headrushNJ 05-31-2013 11:46 AM

I hope you got the 20s!

Jaxon217 05-31-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcodame (Post 832332)
Jaxon u r not alone Bro, I did exactly the same thing. Traded in my 2012 Limited v6 for 2014 Overland with Hemi. I know exactly how u feel , btw how r u liking ur new baby can't wait till mine is delivered.

Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy one! btw, love it so far. I'm burning through gas right now, but i cant help it, its so fun to drive around town.

Jaxon217 05-31-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headrushNJ (Post 832414)
I hope you got the 20s!

Sure did. Looks like i've got the same jeep as you headrush. nice choice!

CardinalFan81 06-02-2013 12:03 PM

Awesome ride there! I would love nothing more than a '14 v8 limited as well--- if only these GC's were a little less expensive I totally would. Congrats on your new ride!!!

TheNotoriousROB 12-15-2013 10:52 AM

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, trading my '11 Overland for a 14' Overland or Limited, but I'm a little hesitant after reading about the problems people have experienced in the troubleshooting section. Someone even said something about waiting for the '15s so they can iron out the bugs.
I've been pretty lucky with mine, nothing major. Last thing I want is to constantly have to run to the dealer for minor bugs in the software, or other things.

I guess you weren't swayed by the posts, so perhaps I'm worrying too much.

BTW: Totally agree about the look of the '14s. I wasn't big on the look at first, but it's growing on me. I really like the LED lights on the front... especially since I've replaced my DRL bulbs about 6 times so far in three years. I'm still trying to warm up to the look of the back however.

YO-EL 12-15-2013 12:59 PM

I'm also looking to trade my 2012 Overland for a 2014 Limited but I'll stay with the V6 since I don't tow anything..

Mashie 12-15-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNotoriousROB (Post 945716)
I'm thinking of doing the same thing, trading my '11 Overland for a 14' Overland or Limited, but I'm a little hesitant after reading about the problems people have experienced in the troubleshooting section. Someone even said something about waiting for the '15s so they can iron out the bugs.
I've been pretty lucky with mine, nothing major. Last thing I want is to constantly have to run to the dealer for minor bugs in the software, or other things.

I guess you weren't swayed by the posts, so perhaps I'm worrying too much.

BTW: Totally agree about the look of the '14s. I wasn't big on the look at first, but it's growing on me. I really like the LED lights on the front... especially since I've replaced my DRL bulbs about 6 times so far in three years. I'm still trying to warm up to the look of the back however.

my '14 Hemi Summit has been flawless so far. I have a late Nov build date so I am assuming that most of the big issues have been ironed out.