Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   730RHR ipod issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/730rhr-ipod-issues-60790.html)

(:JgCoSgIrL:) 05-31-2013 08:24 PM

730RHR ipod issues

Please help! Here is my issue. I have a 2011 JGC Overland Summit with the 730RHR radio. When I hook up my ipod through the center counsel I will intermittently get a crackling sound, or it will go to static just out of the blue or it will cut out for about 5 seconds then come back on if I go over the wrong bump. This is as annoying as can be!!! I just got a call from the dealer and they told me nothing is wrong, but I need to call my cell phone company to possible get it fixed. All of my software is up to date on my radio. And my ipod is brand new along with the cable! If I plug my ipod into the USB on the radio itself, it's fine! I only have issues when it is plugged in through the center counsel. I am so pissed off right now please help me out! (I am typing this on my phone so please excuse any grammatical errors)

RageOfFury 06-02-2013 06:10 AM

Re: 730RHR ipod issues

Hmmm...so the USB port in the center console is crackling and cutting out, but the USB port on the radio itself works fine?

Have you tried another ipod/iphone/android phone just to test?

(:JgCoSgIrL:) 06-12-2013 08:42 AM

Sorry for the late response. This happened to me yesterday 11 June. My Jeep was sitting out in the parking lot all day in the sun. When I got in my Jeep to go home and started listening to my Ipod, the crackling noise was horrible! To the point that I had to turn the radio on instead of the ipod.

When I had my older ipod I don't recall if I had the same crackling noise or not... I could try my iphone and see if it does the same thing. But the ipod I am using is brand new, the newest generation. :/ This is so frustrating!

Debauch 06-12-2013 02:31 PM

Try another device if you can (a friend's iPod or iPhone or any other music player) to see if you get the same cracking sounds. You may even consider going back to the dealer and trying your iPod and cable in one of their jeeps to see if you hear cracking sounds. Then, if your iPod and cable are new and you have confirmed that they both work fine through the USB port on the radio itself ... by process of elimination, your problem is the USB port in the center console.

If you do determine that the problem is the USB port in the center console, check for loose wire or if there is something jammed into the port. Check to see if the port is loose. Make sure that you have a solid/firm connection using your cable.

You may also check your iPod to make sure it is running the latest iOS and try using a different cable just to cover all your basis.

Good luck.