Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   First Service query (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/first-service-query-60847.html)

Fatboy 06-02-2013 03:30 AM

First Service query

All the new vehicles I have owned have had a first service around the 1000 km mark - mainly to change the oil and check & retighten various fittings.

There is no mention of such a service in my Trailhawk service manual. The sales rep tells me there is a service at 1000 km, but it is "optional".

Before I ring the service manager tomorrow I would be interested in what you guys have experienced - this sounds quite strange to me.

cheers

FB

brenroy 06-02-2013 03:43 AM

I bought a CDR Overland in April, a standard 2013 model from the dealer showroom. There was no mention of a service when I picked it up but about a week later the service dept rang to say they had booked me in for 1000k service. I'm glad theft did because I was having problems exhaust smells in the cabin. It turned out be a problem with the clamp on the turbo. It took 2 visits to get it fixed. First they tightened the clamp, problem returned, then they replaced it. So far so good.

Sege 06-02-2013 04:19 AM

Re: First Service query

Not strange I see it as good customer service mine was complimentary and a general check - post delivery check if you like.

yoda42 06-02-2013 05:26 AM

The 1000km service is a legacy from when they put run in oils in engines!, engine manufacturing is better and the oils used are better now, the 1000km service is obsolete now, and trust me all they do us kick your tyres!, if your lucky they might open the bonnet to top up the washer fluid !, and by not having the 1000km service your not without your brand new car for a day for no reason!

Fatboy 06-02-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenroy (Post 833265)
I bought a CDR Overland in April, a standard 2013 model from the dealer showroom. There was no mention of a service when I picked it up but about a week later the service dept rang to say they had booked me in for 1000k service. I'm glad theft did because I was having problems exhaust smells in the cabin. It turned out be a problem with the clamp on the turbo. It took 2 visits to get it fixed. First they tightened the clamp, problem returned, then they replaced it. So far so good.

Interestingly, I am having exhaust smells in the cabin too. I'll get on to it tomorrow

Thanks

brenroy 06-02-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 833272)

Interestingly, I am having exhaust smells in the cabin too. I'll get on to it tomorrow

Thanks

There is a TSB which refers to the problem in older WK2s. It has something to do with the gasket and clamp from the turbo to the exhaust. It's service bulletin number 11-001-12. Hope this helps.

Fatboy 07-11-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenroy (Post 833290)

There is a TSB which refers to the problem in older WK2s. It has something to do with the gasket and clamp from the turbo to the exhaust. It's service bulletin number 11-001-12. Hope this helps.

Had my exhaust repaired yesterday, it was the gasket as described in the TSB. Thanks brenroy.