Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-overland-white-stitching-on-dash-60900.html)

markus316 06-03-2013 10:46 AM

2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Does anyone else find the white stitching on the dash reflects quite a bit on the windshield? I always keep my vehicle clean and in the sun the stitching is right in my field of vision. It wasn't as noticable on my 2011 Overland because I had the saddle interior which had darker dash stitching.

It's not a big issue for me but its noticable. Love my 2014 Overland.

Any thoughts?

bill_de 06-03-2013 10:50 AM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
After a while I no longer notice it. We discussed a few months back that you can equate it to a heads up display. Your mind looks through it as you focus on things further out.


.

jacko15 06-03-2013 11:10 AM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
I forget who said this, but it was mentioned that a black sharpie could solve this problem! I've pretty much quit noticing it on mine.

BobsWK2 06-03-2013 05:30 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
I had the same problem with my 2012 Overland. Eventually, the brain should get used to it. I'm glad my 2014 Summit with the black interior comes with black stitching on the dash since now it doesn't reflect the stitching in the windshield. I also noticed that the leather dash is softer than the leather dash in the 2012 Overland.

Willx 06-03-2013 05:37 PM

Can anyone tell me what color the stitching is in the Brown Interior of the Summit?

Specx 06-03-2013 07:13 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 834080)
I forget who said this, but it was mentioned that a black sharpie could solve this problem! I've pretty much quit noticing it on mine.

:wtf: anyways hasn't bothered me.

Roki303 06-03-2013 07:45 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
I can see it on sunny days and it is annoying ... polarized sunglasses help a lot.

AJB-830 06-03-2013 08:30 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markus316 (Post 834075)
Does anyone else find the white stitching on the dash reflects quite a bit on the windshield? I always keep my vehicle clean and in the sun the stitching is right in my field of vision. It wasn't as noticable on my 2011 Overland because I had the saddle interior which had darker dash stitching.

It's not a big issue for me but its noticable. Love my 2014 Overland.

Any thoughts?

I am about to order a white 14 Overland. Was going to get blue but after reading some of these threads, might change my order to the black interior. Just waiting for my local dealer to get in an Overland with the black interior to get a good look at it. Al

davekarn 06-03-2013 08:38 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJB-830 (Post 834408)
I am about to order a white 14 Overland. Was going to get blue but after reading some of these threads, might change my order to the black interior. Just waiting for my local dealer to get in an Overland with the black interior to get a good look at it. Al

Honestly, I've only read great things about the indigo interior!

Willx 06-03-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davekarn (Post 834415)

Honestly, I've only read great things about the indigo interior!

+1 heard it looks amazing

AJB-830 06-03-2013 09:21 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 834420)
+1 heard it looks amazing

I would really like the blue. My only concern is seeing that white thread in the windshield. Wish the dealer had one to test drive with the blue but closest blue one is 130 miles away. But as several said, you don't see it after awhile. Al

Copefree 06-03-2013 09:57 PM

Re: 2014 Overland White Stitching on Dash
 
Funny thing is I only noticed it on my '14 Overland after this was discussed here on the forum a month or so ago.

I wear polarized sunglasses while driving anyway. They completely eliminate any reflection. And you only see the reflection when the sun's out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community