Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Pulled the trigger on a Summit this weekend (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pulled-the-trigger-on-a-summit-this-weekend-60901.html)

Robertjeep 06-03-2013 11:15 AM

Pulled the trigger on a Summit this weekend

1 Attachment(s)
Really happy with it so far. Rides really nice on the highway. Adaptive cruise control is really nice, I didn't think I'd use it.

Now I'm ready to start getting rid of some of this chrome. Anyone know where I can get some white mirror caps? The only ones I've found online are chrome.

Scottina06 06-03-2013 12:29 PM

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Summit this weekend

Niiiiice!

BobsWK2 06-03-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertjeep (Post 834081)
Really happy with it so far. Rides really nice on the highway. Adaptive cruise control is really nice, I didn't think I'd use it.

Now I'm ready to start getting rid of some of this chrome. Anyone know where I can get some white mirror caps? The only ones I've found online are chrome.

Looks great. However, it does look familiar. :)
Well except for that front license plate bracket. Enjoy it.

As for the mirror caps, you might find someone with a Bright White Laredo who might want to swap for your chrome caps.

By the way, how did that new Jeep dealer in Lompoc treat you?

Robertjeep 06-04-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 834284)
Looks great. However, it does look familiar. :)
Well except for that front license plate bracket. Enjoy it.

As for the mirror caps, you might find someone with a Bright White Laredo who might want to swap for your chrome caps.

By the way, how did that new Jeep dealer in Lompoc treat you?

They were nice. Only got about 2% under invoice but that seems like about the best I could get here in SoCal. Gave me a good amount for my trade in. They are just starting up the Jeep dealership right now. They have a Honda dealership across the street.

mfa81 06-04-2013 09:57 AM

Nice ride! The summit is a nice car... I'm in love with mine! Do you wanna get rid of the old caps? I would probably take to a body shop, they shouldn't charge you much and also would be able to paint other chrome stuff you wanna get rid of

Robertjeep 06-04-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfa81 (Post 834742)
Nice ride! The summit is a nice car... I'm in love with mine! Do you wanna get rid of the old caps? I would probably take to a body shop, they shouldn't charge you much and also would be able to paint other chrome stuff you wanna get rid of

Yeah, I will sell the old caps when I get new ones. Or trade. I've thought about painting but I'd like to just replace what I can. Anyone know if I can get white handles to replace these too? Not sure if there is anything special with the handles for the fob or not.

tyresmoker 06-04-2013 11:52 AM

I wouldn't worry about those mirror caps, but I would do something about those wheels and front air dam rather quickly...I can't believe what they did to the Summit for '14...Count me out, quite happy with my old school MG/saddle '11!

Robertjeep 06-04-2013 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyresmoker (Post 834793)
I wouldn't worry about those mirror caps, but I would do something about those wheels and front air dam rather quickly...I can't believe what they did to the Summit for '14...Count me out, quite happy with my old school MG/saddle '11!

I'm either going to get the wheels treated so they are gunmetal or black. Or try to get some SRT wheels somewhere. Not sure yet. Also mulling over the idea of having a set of offroad wheels/tires in addition to the road ones.

What is the front air dam? The grill? For the grill I'd like to get something that looks similar to the SRT-8

HtownBB 06-04-2013 03:01 PM

Isn't that the SRT front end?

Robertjeep 06-04-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtownBB (Post 834912)
Isn't that the SRT front end?

Yeah, that's why I said "For the grill I'd like to get something that looks similar to the SRT-8" :)

Xjrguy 06-04-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyresmoker (Post 834793)

What did they do with the Summit 14's?

All I know is the flipper glass is gone and no ORAII package (no skids really).

jp467 06-04-2013 06:21 PM

I would keep the chrome mirror caps in fact I would keep all the chrome. I think replacing them with body color just makes it look like one of the cheaper models. I was never a fan of the saddle interior so I am glad you can get the summit without that.