Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Where to buy Kicker upgrade? ATTn: Robpp (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/where-to-buy-kicker-upgrade-attn-robpp-6091.html)

NHWK05 01-31-2010 07:51 PM

Where to buy Kicker upgrade? ATTn: Robpp

Since i have decided that i want to sell my Kicker amp and sub woofer because of space consumption and i just dont need so much power any more i figured i would look in to the oe kit if one comes my way.

Where can i buy the parts for the OE Kicker upgrade? I looked on J4J and did not find anything.

I currently have the Boston Acoustic setup and i would like to at least get the Kicker amp and subwoofer and box but if the price is right the whole setup.

Can i easily install the kicker amp, sub and box w/o needing to run wires like any other aftermarket stereo?

How does it install?

Id just like to get some info on it. I like the smaller box and sub size from the kicker upgrade and if price is right i would like to look in to it.

robpp 01-31-2010 07:54 PM

Re: Where to buy Kicker upgrade? ATTn: Robpp

best prices are from moparsupercenter.com

the sub does require some wiring. it comes with a harness. it connects to the battery and then taps into the speaker wires under the dash. even i was able to run this wire. the rest of it is PNP.

there is a stepbystep on wkjeeps.

also the part numbers to cross check over at MSC

NHWK05 01-31-2010 07:56 PM

Thanks rob. I am looking at wkjeeps right now. I have all my old power, ground sub wiring still in the jeep that i can use and i have already got a connection to the speakers as well. All i need is the single sub,box and amp.

I am not horribly interested in upgrading to the factory speaker upgrade because i can get better upgrade speakers aftermarket then buying the oe kit.

robpp 01-31-2010 08:03 PM

ok so just the sub.

i got mine on the red site, brand new in the box.

you could try a call to j4j and ask about the best price too.

the box comes with a connector on the rear that the harness snaps into. this way you can easily remove the box as necessary.

GL

NHWK05 01-31-2010 08:06 PM

Sweet. That sounds good. I just found the single 10" with 200w amp and box for $487 on moparsupercenter.com so i think if i get my friend at the jeep dealership to look in to it i might be able to get 20% off. That looks nice and clean. I wanted to build a box like that and buy a 10" square kicker sub with a smaller amp any way. This way is actually cheaper then going after market.

robpp 01-31-2010 08:12 PM

remember im a geezer but I tell you that single box thumps.

im happy with it.

next is some dynomat for me to kill the vibes.

NHWK05 01-31-2010 08:15 PM

See then you can say i am becoming a geezer then. I had 2 kicker CVR 12s a year ago. Until now i had only 1 12 and that was more then i wanted. For the time being i am just using the stock setup w/o a sub and its a bit less then i want but will do until i save up for the factory setup. I think the single kicker 10 will be just perfect for my needs. If i want to go deaf i have plenty of friends that have done up cars and trucks that go to audio competitions.

Frankie 02-09-2010 06:04 AM

I just bought mine from J4J using the discount code it actually came out cheaper than MoparSuperCenter! ;)

Escape 02-09-2010 06:10 PM

Is this the stealth box? Got pics?

NHWK05 02-09-2010 07:12 PM

This is the factory single 10" with amp in the box. there is a dual setup as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...kerupgrade.jpg

robpp 02-09-2010 07:18 PM

^^^^^yeah thats what I have the kicker single sub and amp from jeep.