Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   ParkSense Chime Volume ?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/parksense-chime-volume-60916.html)

jerryw1000 06-03-2013 03:33 PM

ParkSense Chime Volume ??

My ParkSense chime is barely audible. The manual says you can set the ParkSense chime volume to Low, Medium, or High in uConnect. I cannot find that setting. Under Safety and Driver Assistance the ParkSense options are only Sound, or Sound + Display. I cannot find anyplace to adjust the chime volume. I even checked the EVIC but the manual says if the vehicle has uConnect there will not be an option in the EVIC.

This is for the REAR ParkSense chimes. I do not have the front ParkSense.

Software version 3.15.4

BobsWK2 06-03-2013 05:06 PM

Re: ParkSense Chime Volume ??

On my 2014 Summit, I can set the volume for front and rear park sensors separately.

jerryw1000 06-03-2013 05:27 PM

Where is the setting????

BobsWK2 06-03-2013 05:32 PM

It's in the same area of the settings on the 8.4AN display.

jerryw1000 06-03-2013 07:04 PM

Not on mine....at least not that I can find. The only mention I see of ParkSense is under "Safety and Driver Assistance". ParkSense is listed there and has two check boxes. Sound.....OR......Sound + Display.

BobsWK2 06-03-2013 08:43 PM

Just a guess. Maybe because you don't have the front sensors, Chrysler feels you don't need the option of changing the volumn like if you had front and rear sensors.

jerryw1000 06-03-2013 09:16 PM

Hey, I would agree with them if the things were loud enough to hear as a default setting. If I'm about to back into something I want to hear BOING. Mine is so low the only way I know something is going on is because it kills the radio. I never hear the chime unless I focusing on listening for it.

Lanrete 06-03-2013 10:08 PM

When I got mine the front sensors were on max volume, and the rear were second to quietest setting, so I bumped them up to loud. Since you don't have the option, maybe the dealership can program it to go to max volume with their computer? It may be worth calling up your service advisor.

bill_de 06-04-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryw1000 (Post 834344)
Not on mine....at least not that I can find. The only mention I see of ParkSense is under "Safety and Driver Assistance". ParkSense is listed there and has two check boxes. Sound.....OR......Sound + Display.

I checked mine last night, it is the same as yours although it is loud enough for me. I even tried adjusting the volume control while the chimes were ringing, no change.

jerryw1000 06-04-2013 09:53 PM

Yep, guess I'll put that one of my list to ask the service advisor. Also discovered that my "tilt mirrors in reverse" setting is checked, but the mirrors don't tilt. Thought I would change the setting to off and then back on but it seems that this is one of those mysterious check marks the changes itself back about 2 seconds after you change it. Doesn't matter if I do it with the ignition ON, or the vehicle cranked and running, or in Accessory.