Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   HELP. New member and a buddy referred me here for an answer (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/help-new-member-and-a-buddy-referred-me-here-for-an-answer-60934.html)

Kbutcher14 06-03-2013 09:45 PM

HELP. New member and a buddy referred me here for an answer

Alright so I have a stock 07 grand Cherokee 4 wheel drive v8. I have noticed a jerking motion once I take my foot off the gas. Like my car is slowing itself down on its own. It won't coast after I lift off the gas. Would rather now take it to a dealer until I kinda know what might be happening. It doesn't happen all the time but has gotten a little worse recently.

It happened about a 4 months ago and I drove through it and it went away now it's not going away. I just got home from work and the ESP BAS light came on and the traction control light. I turned the car off and turned it back on and they went away.

Does anyone have any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scottina06 06-03-2013 09:54 PM

Re: HELP. New member and a buddy referred me here for an answer

can you get the codes it threw? Sounds like a simple abs sensor wire...but could be other things as well

Kbutcher14 06-03-2013 09:57 PM

Codes it threw?? Sorry man I'm not a huge car person.

Kbutcher14 06-03-2013 09:57 PM

Where might those wires be??

Scottina06 06-03-2013 10:01 PM

go to advanced auto or autozone and tell them you need some codes pulled. Some can pull these codes. Yoiu can also do the key dance....turn the key on(dont start)off...on off on and leave on.(i think this is how it goes....you can do a search for 'key dance" to make sure) Codes will display in evic on speedomter.

Scottina06 06-03-2013 10:02 PM

the abs sensors run from the hub...just behind the calipers...up into the fender well and plug in. Its kinda hard to tell if theyre bad without a scanner

Kbutcher14 06-03-2013 10:03 PM

Perfect will do. That code might tell you something?

Scottina06 06-03-2013 10:08 PM

yes....def.

Kbutcher14 06-03-2013 10:17 PM

Gotcha will do tomorrow and report back

Kbutcher14 06-04-2013 09:38 PM

So went to the autozone. Said hey can you run some codes and the guy came out and said there where no DTC available. Then asked was asked...was your check engine light on. I said no. Then proceeded to tell me it could be a transmission cylinder or cylinoyd. But then said well my check engine light would have came if the was the problem.

Thoughts? He recommend taking to dealer or a local shop