Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Suggestions for placement of LOC or DSP (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/suggestions-for-placement-of-loc-or-dsp-60957.html)

amrunner4 06-04-2013 11:22 AM

Suggestions for placement of LOC or DSP

Would really like to do an audio upgrade with a device allowing some equalization or sound processing (maybe Audiocontrol's LC7 like a few have done, or their LCQ, or maybe a Kicker Front Row).

Where you can place these where they are hidden but accessible for adjustment? The spare tire compartment seems like an obvious choice but poor airflow and I'd like to save that room for other stuff. If an amp goes under the driver seat, and there isn't room over the battery (plus wouldn't you get signal noise from the power source), that cancels out those options.

Anyone come up with a good location?

leks66 06-04-2013 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed mine in the spare tire compartment. Removed that piece that conforms around the tire and mounted it on the side. A lot of room for airflow and easily adjusted. Went with an aftermarket Headunit so uninstalled the Lc7i and just put the piece back in. Cant even tell anything was there unless you pull out the piece.

amrunner4 06-04-2013 08:50 PM

How much heat does the LC7 generate?

leks66 06-05-2013 07:59 AM

None that I've noticed. It's just a converter so there shouldn't be any heat problems. Amps are what should cause concern. I saw another member on here mention the Audison bit 1 or 10. You should check those out first. I wasn't impressed with the Lc7i sound quality which led to the decision to return it.

Richx76 06-08-2013 09:18 AM

Re: Suggestions for placement of LOC or DSP

Audison Bit 10 d... easiest one to use. Audison Bit One...most functions/outputs...costs more, significantly.

The bonus of using this kind of full DSP (Digital Signal Processing) is you can actually tune the entire stereo to your listening position. Each individual speaker can be adjusted for phase (important) and time (to account for differences in distance) to really improve your sound quality.

If you've never sat in a car tuned for Sound Quality...once you do...you'll never want to listen to XM radio again. Lots of Loud stereos exist, but it's just like yelling in a loud bar...makes you tired. Sound quality on the other hand...worth it's weight in copper.

sswails 06-08-2013 09:22 AM

What he said ^^^^^^

1stJeepGC 06-10-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richx76 (Post 837814)
Sound quality on the other hand...worth it's weight in copper.

Greetings,

That sums it up.

Best for now.:)