Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Is this pilot error or a problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/is-this-pilot-error-or-a-problem-61042.html)

overlandnewbie 06-05-2013 11:48 PM

Is this pilot error or a problem

I have a 3L diesel Grand Cherokee Overland and it is about 5 weeks old. Today I was going down a slight hill, at about 75 kph, and I put it into Neutral and then back to Drive. On the EVIC it showed D to indicate it was in Drive. However it was still in Neutral and if I moved the shift lever sideways it did not register any of the lower gears. When speed had slowed to maybe 50 or so kph it re-engaged D mode and was normal for the rest of the drive home.

Is this normal or is it a problem I need to get checked – I won’t be doing that again!

Thanks

ENFORCER 06-06-2013 01:05 AM

Re: Is this pilot error or a problem

I would think it is normal, as it would have dome form of safety to protect the gearbox. You should not take a Auto out of drive, as the older ones used to just start in 1st and blow the box up.

overlandnewbie 06-06-2013 01:26 AM

I hoped it was a safety issue and I suspect as the speed dropped to where the rpm should be is when it re-engaged.

Thanks

colgf2 06-06-2013 01:37 AM

If its one thing I have learned in the 9 months that I have owned my Diesel Overland it is the fact that you might think you are in control of this vehicle however between any of your bodily inputs & the vehicle actually responding are about a dozen magic boxes full of transistors & megabytes - THEY control the vehicle. STAR WARS HAS ARRIVED!!! Beam me up Scotty!!!!! ( Soon there will be only one button on a blank dashboard marked "Press to Drive")

allypally 06-06-2013 05:23 AM

It wont be a button. It will be an App which you download from the APP STORE.
You will be able to install the "Sunday Cruise" App, which will take you on a leisurly drive through the countryside. The "Commute" App will have your Jeep weaving in and out of lanes to get you to your destination in the quickest of time. The "Hoon" App will have you doing hard accelerations and emergency braking. The "Wife" App will have you second guessing every time the car moves. Or the "Offroad" App will have you mounting medium strips and kerbs.

GlennR 06-07-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 836160)
It wont be a button. It will be an App which you download from the APP STORE.
You will be able to install the "Sunday Cruise" App, which will take you on a leisurly drive through the countryside. The "Commute" App will have your Jeep weaving in and out of lanes to get you to your destination in the quickest of time. The "Hoon" App will have you doing hard accelerations and emergency braking. The "Wife" App will have you second guessing every time the car moves. Or the "Offroad" App will have you mounting medium strips and kerbs.

You should be on stage.....people would pay to hear that!!:thumbsup::lol::lol::lol: