Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Alright gents i need help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/alright-gents-i-need-help-61044.html)

Alex47er 06-06-2013 12:33 AM

Alright gents i need help

I'm driving today and slowly but surly I'm starting to feel the jeep TOO bumpy... I'm at 80,000 miles on the same suspension... I'm guessing its time to spice it up any recommendations? Websites, stores, etc....?

JeepFreak12 06-06-2013 05:07 AM

Re: Alright gents i need help

Are you wanting more of an offroad suspension or a street suspension?

Alex47er 06-06-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 836154)
Are you wanting more of an offroad suspension or a street suspension?

Well I rarely so offroading and mine isn't a 4x4 idk if that makes a difference but something that can handle both

JeepFreak12 06-06-2013 02:07 PM

Id say leave the stock height springs and just go with bilstein shocks. Everyone under the sun has them and love them. Maybe even go with some SRT springs or even Eibach lowering spring that will drop the front about an inch and the back close to an inch and a half. Should still have plenty of ground clearance but give it a sportier stance. Also upgrade to some Addco sway bars or even the SRT sway bars.

Alex47er 06-06-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 836426)
Id say leave the stock height springs and just go with bilstein shocks. Everyone under the sun has them and love them. Maybe even go with some SRT springs or even Eibach lowering spring that will drop the front about an inch and the back close to an inch and a half. Should still have plenty of ground clearance but give it a sportier stance. Also upgrade to some Addco sway bars or even the SRT sway bars.

I think I might just leave the stock springs cause I love the height on it already so maybe get the new shocks cause it's bugging me the ride is getting rough not like 3 years ago still smooth lol

JeepFreak12 06-06-2013 02:15 PM

Id say bilsteins are def the way to go. There are of course cheaper alternatives but you will not regret getting the bil's.

Alex47er 06-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 836442)
Id say bilsteins are def the way to go. There are of course cheaper alternatives but you will not regret getting the bil's.

I'm already looking for prices online pretty stoked.. So I wouldn't have to change the springs?

Scottina06 06-06-2013 02:37 PM

bilsteins shocks and SRT sway bars will make a HUGE difference with onroad manners

Alex47er 06-06-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 836468)
bilsteins shocks and SRT sway bars will make a HUGE difference with onroad manners

Sorry to seem newbish but where would I find some srt sway bars and a good place for the bilstein shocks i want get some brakes as well and I know you know your stuff Scott so can I pick your brain lol

Scottina06 06-06-2013 02:52 PM

r1 concepts for brakes
justforjeeps for the sway bars(you just need the bars)

shox.com, shockswarehouse.com, ebay.com for the bilsteins. Also do a google search as there may be a site running a special on them.

Alex47er 06-06-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 836487)
r1 concepts for brakes
justforjeeps for the sway bars(you just need the bars)

shox.com, shockswarehouse.com, ebay.com for the bilsteins. Also do a google search as there may be a site running a special on them.

Scott I only see srt sway bars I don't know if I would be able to use those ?

Scottina06 06-06-2013 03:00 PM

yes...SRT sway bars are it. They are a direct bolt on