Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Tinted & debaged (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/tinted-and-debaged-61056.html)

phillysrt 06-06-2013 09:55 AM

Tinted & debaged

3 Attachment(s)
Just got her tinted last night. Debadged and painted roof rails. New Borla atak and CAI.

JeepFreak12 06-06-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Tinted & debaged

Looks good man. You dig the borla and intake combo?

14StormTrooper 06-06-2013 10:51 AM

Looks sweet man! Did you just use a local guy to paint the roof racks?

phillysrt 06-06-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 836295)
Looks good man. You dig the borla and intake combo?

ya its definitely a sweet set up.... breathes much smoother....

I just was expecting a much deeper sound from the borla atak....I don't want to say I was upset with it, just not what I expected.... from hereing the borla atak on a wk1 SRT and our is completely different...guess that's where the cat back truly comes into play

phillysrt 06-06-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrist30 (Post 836317)
Looks sweet man! Did you just use a local guy to paint the roof racks?

ya it was a real respectable body shop around my way. a girl ran a stop sign and hit me a few weeks back so while it was in there to get repaired and repainted I had him spray the roof racks..

window trim and grilles are coming in 2 weekend...ill post pics then

JeepFreak12 06-06-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 836327)
ya its definitely a sweet set up.... breathes much smoother....

I just was expecting a much deeper sound from the borla atak....I don't want to say I was upset with it, just not what I expected.... from hereing the borla atak on a wk1 SRT and our is completely different...guess that's where the cat back truly comes into play

I have the corsa cat back on my WK1 srt and it sounds amazing, paired that with an AFE CAI and I love it. Exhaust def turns heads.

phillysrt 06-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 836348)
I have the corsa cat back on my WK1 srt and it sounds amazing, paired that with an AFE CAI and I love it. Exhaust def turns heads.

Yup I had the corsa on my old SRT and it was incredible. It was slightly modified but still incredible.

Scottina06 06-06-2013 12:20 PM

I get so many complaiments on my painted rails. People notice it....and stare! LOL. "Is that stock?" LOL

phillysrt 06-06-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 836368)
I get so many complaiments on my painted rails. People notice it....and stare! LOL. "Is that stock?" LOL

Really does help the appearance of the car!!!

BVRBLVR 06-06-2013 12:41 PM

Looks great! Nice idea on the painted rails.

Anonymoustache 06-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 836329)

window trim and grilles are coming in 2 weekend...ill post pics then

Did you order window trim and new grills instead of wrapping or painting the current ones? If so, where from?

Also, what did you use to debadge, and did you like it?

phillysrt 06-06-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymoustache (Post 836454)

Did you order window trim and new grills instead of wrapping or painting the current ones? If so, where from?

Also, what did you use to debadge, and did you like it?

The window trim and grilles are getting plasti dipped. I was going to wrap them but to involved. If the dip looks crappy ill rip it off and then get them wrapped.

I didn't paint them cause its hard to paint that material. Once a chip occurres then it will start spidering and the whole thing wil be ruined.

Post pics when it's done!

As for the debadging. I just used a heat gun and lighty kept passing over the letter just to warm the glue up behind them. Then I used a little tool. Non abrasive to paint to peel them off. Alittle effort and they come right off. Lightly compounded behind the letters and then waxed the whole car.

Hope that helped!