Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Battery change, now auto up window issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/battery-change-now-auto-up-window-issue-61064.html)

hankdz 06-06-2013 01:30 PM

Battery change, now auto up window issue

I just replaced the original battery in our 2006 GC Laredo. It is equipped with the 4.7 L V8 and QTII. It has 60,000 miles and was built in the spring of 06. The original battery would not start the vehicle on Monday last. I purchased a new group 94R and installed it that day. The next day I drove to our mail box and lowered the driver side window. The auto down feature worked as usual. I tried to raise the window and the auto up feature did not work. I tried the passenger side and the auto feature worked in both directions.
Is there a way to reset the window control?

dr.lee.baugh 06-06-2013 04:53 PM

Re: Battery change, now auto up window issue

You could try "resetting" the auto-up. I believe the following was posted by Milous (and perhaps others) at some point in time:

1. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding the switch until the glass is fully closed.

2. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is fully open. Confirm that the express-up module has been de-normalized by attempting an express-up cycle. The window should not operate in express mode. It should stop moving when you release the window swith. If it still does work in express mode, repeat step b. holding the switch down for 40 seconds.

3. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second after the window glass is fully closed.

4. Check the operation of the express-up feature.

Give it a shot, it's cheap and easy...

hankdz 06-07-2013 11:34 AM

Thanks. It worked on the third attempt.

LizLemon 06-09-2013 10:46 PM

I have the same problem...going to try this. Thanks!

tomk 06-10-2013 08:29 AM

The dealer didn't reset my windows after they changed out my starter. I was annoyed and was going to turn around and drive back to have them fix it, but instead I pulled over and read the owner's manual.. and reset it myself.

LizLemon 06-11-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.lee.baugh (Post 836559)
You could try "resetting" the auto-up. I believe the following was posted by Milous (and perhaps others) at some point in time:

1. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding the switch until the glass is fully closed.

2. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is fully open. Confirm that the express-up module has been de-normalized by attempting an express-up cycle. The window should not operate in express mode. It should stop moving when you release the window swith. If it still does work in express mode, repeat step b. holding the switch down for 40 seconds.

3. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second after the window glass is fully closed.

4. Check the operation of the express-up feature.

Give it a shot, it's cheap and easy...

Worked for me. Thanks again...you have now fixed 2 things on my Jeep lol

dr.lee.baugh 06-12-2013 09:55 AM

It is nice when problems can be solved with a little bit of knowledge and no money!