Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   ABS sensor error - Trouble codes? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/abs-sensor-error-trouble-codes-61068.html)

studio1930 06-06-2013 02:22 PM

ABS sensor error - Trouble codes?

Does anyone know how to retrieve the error codes when the check engine light is on for a 2014 Grand Cherokee?

My ABS sensor light came on along with the car/squiggly road symbol yesterday and then it said something about ABS sensor / check or have serviced. It is in the shop now so I'll see what they say but I would like to be able to see the codes on my own in the future. My 2000 Durango let me do this with a number of key turns without starting and I thought the GC might as well.

aussieben 07-03-2013 06:23 PM

My new GC had the same lights plus 4WD SERV, Alert light and Brake assist needs service. Workshop after 7 days said they found earth wire at rear of vehicle loose. Repaired. Abs check then found needing replacement parts. Still waiting 400kms away from Jeep. Jeep Roadside Assist V V Good but have booked us in for a further 9 days.

kbrown127 08-24-2013 09:34 PM

Re: ABS sensor error - Trouble codes?

The same lights keep popping on in my 2014 Limited now. The dealer said they tightened a ground wire, but the next day the lights came on again. ABS, Traction control lights. It also says 4 wheel drive temporarily unavailable. I am bringing it back in on Monday. Has this issue been resolved for you, and if so what was the solution?

aussieben 08-25-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbrown127 (Post 881944)
The same lights keep popping on in my 2014 Limited now. The dealer said they tightened a ground wire, but the next day the lights came on again. ABS, Traction control lights. It also says 4 wheel drive temporarily unavailable. I am bringing it back in on Monday. Has this issue been resolved for you, and if so what was the solution?

Yes problem resolved. We are pretty sure that when we had the Andersen plug fitted ( for our caravan), by an auto electrician, that they disconnected the battery but not the computer. The fix was the replacement of the ABS. The knowledge about the computer came from a man who owned Kenworth trucks and had similar problems so much so that he was flown to the US and that is where he saw the different auto electrician practice.

2005JGC 08-29-2013 03:17 PM

without an expensive scantool you cannot see ABS codes. Even with a cheap scanner you can only read PCM and sometimes TCM data. But not ABS. For the Check engine lamp, that is what autozone is for... they will pull the code and print off a list of parts to replace to fix the code ;)

Fr05tbite 12-18-2013 10:17 PM

Did you find a fix to your problem? I just had the same thing happen to mine and the dealer cant get me in for a week. Thanks

Fr05tbite 12-18-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbrown127 (Post 881944)

Did you find a solution to your problem? Mine just did the same thing and the dealer can't get it in to service for a week.