Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/2014-grand-cherokee-diesel-vs-2014-4runner-61096.html)

Pinoiako916 06-07-2013 02:03 AM

2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
What is so interesting is that the 4runner still will not have a diesel and will still have an "ancient" 5 speed automatic.

I may lean towards the Diesel Grand cherokee but i am wondering, how come the 4unner wont have a diesel?

loveracing1988 06-07-2013 02:19 AM

I believe this should be posted in a 4runner forum to get a good answer. If I had to guess it would be because I don't believe Toyota even offers a diesel anything in the US.

f1anatic 06-07-2013 06:09 AM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoiako916 (Post 836884)
What is so interesting is that the 4runner still will not have a diesel and will still have an "ancient" 5 speed automatic.

I may lean towards the Diesel Grand cherokee but i am wondering, how come the 4unner wont have a diesel?

I am sure a lot of us would hump a Toyota Land Cruiser / Prado / Hilux with a diesel engine. But you are asking the right questions on the wrong bulletin board.

bill_de 06-07-2013 06:21 AM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Jeep bought up all the available diesels. :)



.

foolishportal 06-17-2013 06:09 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Pure speculation on my part, but I think Toyota has decided to meet its CAFE requirements using the Hybrid Synergy drive rather than diesels.

xJoshxx 07-23-2013 09:22 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foolishportal (Post 843495)
Pure speculation on my part, but I think Toyota has decided to meet its CAFE requirements using the Hybrid Synergy drive rather than diesels.

Yes, Lets make our Suv's Heavier by Adding HUGE ASS batteries that are EXTREMELY expensive to replace.

silvermax04 07-23-2013 09:33 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 863562)
Yes, Lets make our Suv's Heavier by Adding HUGE ASS batteries that are EXTREMELY expensive to replace.

The battery of my friends hybrid Accord just failed, 6k to replace it almost the value of the car! That hybrid lost him money over the life compared to a non hybrid.

4jeepdiesel 07-24-2013 06:25 AM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
^
In addition to that, they have to store that dead battery in a huge battery graveyard. Gee, let me think about this. The car that is supposed to be ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY turns out to be the opposite. Who woulda thunk?:eek::rolleyes:

lstowell 07-24-2013 05:33 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 863562)
Yes, Lets make our Suv's Heavier by Adding HUGE ASS batteries that are EXTREMELY expensive to replace.

Yeah, but think of the benefits. When it breaks something, you just tap the battery and use a couple scratch rods to weld it back together...

foolishportal 07-29-2013 03:16 AM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel vs 2014 4runner
 
Yeah, I'm with you guys. If Toyota offered a diesel 4Runner I wouldn't even be on this forum!

AbleRiot 07-29-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foolishportal (Post 866338)
Yeah, I'm with you guys. If Toyota offered a diesel 4Runner I wouldn't even be on this forum!

Have you seen the new 4Runner? One word (IMHO): UGLY. I think of the new look as a beefed up FJ Cruiser, only uglier :eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community