Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Jeep SRT Launch control makes national news (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/jeep-srt-launch-control-makes-national-news-61102.html)

Scottina06 06-07-2013 08:27 AM

Jeep SRT Launch control makes national news

What does this insanely awesome button do? - Yahoo! Autos

K_SRT8 06-07-2013 02:39 PM

Re: Jeep SRT Launch control makes national news

I own a 2010 SRT and all reviews said it can do 0-62 in 4.9 seconds but the best time I managed for the 0-62 is 5.5 !
Anyway this is not a WK1 platform.

I'm waiting for the 2014 to be released in my country to get one.

Scottina06 06-07-2013 02:55 PM

what are you looking for in the 14' options wise? color? etc.

K_SRT8 06-07-2013 03:21 PM

The problem is, here in my country we can't build an SRT. It comes with specific features and we can't order any optional extras.

In the US you can get Pano sun roof, Sepia or full black Laguna leather, high performance sound system, ... etc.

But in the Middle east where I live, we only get the SRT with standard features. The Laguna full black and the sepia are not coming to the middle east. the only seating option available is the standard leather and sued. There will be no pano sun roof, no SRT performance sound system, no upcoming rear screens.

So the only thing to choose here is the colors, and I will pick my favorite DCR.

bigcity123 06-07-2013 06:45 PM

Wondering if this could be retro fitted in my 2012 ?

Jetcop20 06-13-2013 12:26 AM

:thumbsup: It a PERMA-GRIN when you use it................

Scottina06 06-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcity123 (Post 837457)
Wondering if this could be retro fitted in my 2012 ?

seriously doubt it since the 14+ uses a different electrical architecture, tuning, computers etc.

EtherealPonx 06-16-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_SRT8 (Post 837325)
The problem is, here in my country we can't build an SRT. It comes with specific features and we can't order any optional extras.

In the US you can get Pano sun roof, Sepia or full black Laguna leather, high performance sound system, ... etc.

But in the Middle east where I live, we only get the SRT with standard features. The Laguna full black and the sepia are not coming to the middle east. the only seating option available is the standard leather and sued. There will be no pano sun roof, no SRT performance sound system, no upcoming rear screens.

So the only thing to choose here is the colors, and I will pick my favorite DCR.

The 2012 came in Alpine edition (which has the performance sound system), I think it would only be a matter of time when 2014 options become available .. which is why Al-Futtaim just dropped the 2012s by 30k AED :)