Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   2014 overland stereo yuck (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2014-overland-stereo-yuck-61114.html)

geox19 06-07-2013 12:25 PM

2014 overland stereo yuck

Okay had the jeep 2 weeks I can't take the sound coming from this system who makes the speakers and amp now? It has way to much base that's all I really here when using the iPod or Bluetooth and Xm well that just sounds like crap have to turn it up to 30 just to hear anything. I need some suggestions/advice. I'm no stereo installer and I'm not a sound expert all i know is it sounds like crap sure it has enough bass but man everything sounds muffled and my mirrors are shaking lol. I'm not going to be doing the install I'll take it to the shop and have them do it but last time i did that I spent way more than I really wanted to they replaced everything except the head unit. I will not be replacing head unit in this one no matter what I don't even think that's possible in the 14's. Should I just have them put new front door speakers in would the factory amp even drive them well? My goal would be to get nice clear punchy mid range sound & some nice sounding high's not that tinny sound you hear in most under funded or under amped systems. Would the new speakers even make a difference with out replacing the amp? That's where they got me last time taking out factory amp and installing a new amp.

bill_de 06-07-2013 12:29 PM

Re: 2014 overland stereo yuck

Turn down the base.

Too bad you can't give it to the guy who complained it wasn't enough. :)

geox19 06-07-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 837210)
Turn down the base.

Too bad you can't give it to the guy who complained it wasn't enough. :)

lol Yeah I tried turning the bass down still sounds bad but mirrors stop shaking. :)

Jeff_H2O 06-07-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 837229)
lol Yeah I tried turning the bass down still sounds bad but mirrors stop shaking. :)

Turn the Bass all the way down, AND turn the treble up. That should give you much more of the Highs and almost completely get rid of the lows and the bass sound.

When adjusted to your liking, I think the sound system is great!

abarbs30 06-07-2013 04:52 PM

They system is terrible, super muddy and I am no audiophile, it is tough to deal with.. It took me a week to start tearing it out.

Speakers will run off of the stock amp. It will be a big improvement if you are looking for something simple. They aren't going to rip like they would off of a new amp, but they will more than suffice. I put components in my front doors and pilars, and i'm going to do the rears this weekend.

The difference is really noticeable when I fade from front to rear. In the front, it sounds like music should.. In the rear where the stock speakers are, well lets just say it motivates me to tear them out. The sub can stay if you don't need alot of bass. Its not super clear clean bass, but its good enough. Everything else must go.

SnoFire 06-07-2013 05:16 PM

Try turning the surround sound off in the menu

geox19 06-07-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarbs30 (Post 837389)
They system is terrible, super muddy and I am no audiophile, it is tough to deal with.. It took me a week to start tearing it out.

Speakers will run off of the stock amp. It will be a big improvement if you are looking for something simple. They aren't going to rip like they would off of a new amp, but they will more than suffice. I put components in my front doors and pilars, and i'm going to do the rears this weekend.

The difference is really noticeable when I fade from front to rear. In the front, it sounds like music should.. In the rear where the stock speakers are, well lets just say it motivates me to tear them out. The sub can stay if you don't need alot of bass. Its not super clear clean bass, but its good enough. Everything else must go.

Which speakers did you go with? I'm trying to figure out the ohms think i'm going to replace all the door speakers and keep stock amp. I don't need them to rip but I do need them to be somewhat more clear and damn XM radio sound quality sucks now or maybe it's just this system IMO. I've looked at one post on here that had pictures of the factory door speakers and they looked hella cheap didn't look like any alpines i've seen before.
O I see you went with Focals damn their expensive no wonder you only went with front first lol. Any suggestions on something a little less expensive not dumb cheap but not 600 maybe around 3 to 4 hundred??

Jrunr 06-07-2013 08:29 PM

I am thinking about trying out some Hybrid Audio Imagine 6X9 components. Stage II - Imagine - The Home of the World's Finest Loudspeakers, and World Championship Car Audio Speaker Systems.

Has anyone heard them?

tipman71 06-07-2013 08:36 PM

Geox im ok with the base, but I agree the side mirrors shaking is too much

KILOFINAL 06-07-2013 08:51 PM

I'm really suprised you guys don't like the system. I haven't heard it bit assumed it must be better than the stock system in the base laredo. I've had the Dynaudio system in my past Volvo's and that was an awesome system.

I wonder what the HK 19 speaker system sounds like?

geox19 06-07-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILOFINAL (Post 837533)
I'm really suprised you guys don't like the system. I haven't heard it bit assumed it must be better than the stock system in the base laredo. I've had the Dynaudio system in my past Volvo's and that was an awesome system.

I wonder what the HK 19 speaker system sounds like?

I think most people would be satisfied with the 9 speaker system I just listen to a wide range music styles and I really don't like having to try to mess with the EQ on every song. The stock system has plenty of bass and is loud enough I'm sure for most people out there. I can't see how anyone thinks XM sirius sounds good I think it's horrible. I'm going to see if changing out all the door speakers gets it to sound how I want I just need it to sound a bit better I guess clearer would be the word to best describe what I'm wanting.

geox19 06-07-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tipman71 (Post 837526)
Geox im ok with the base, but I agree the side mirrors shaking is too much

lol yeah It was cool in my 20's but I guess I'm getting old:(