Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Release Schedule for UConnect 8.4N/RA4 Media/Info Apps (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/release-schedule-for-uconnect-8-4n-ra4-media-info-apps-61164.html)

ironroot 06-08-2013 01:21 PM

Release Schedule for UConnect 8.4N/RA4 Media/Info Apps

I thought it might be useful to have a thread underway tracking the (on-and-off again) release schedule for the Media and Info Apps for UConnect 8.4N/RA4 systems.

I was on the phone today with UConnect Assist concerning what Apps I should be seeing and being able to use within the Apps Menu on my 2014 Overland.

* The Chrysler Call Center rep I talked to confirmed that Bing is released and should be operational on all 8.4N/RA4 systems.

* The Chrysler Call Center rep said that the next scheduled Media/Info App to be made functional for my system is most likely Yelp, and the current ETA release schedule for Yelp is June 14, 2013.

* I asked what is the ETA for Pandora App, which is the one I am most interested in having functional. No specific release date, for now. "One or two months out" he guessed...

I asked the Call Center rep why I occasionally would see Pandora and other "missing" Apps appear in my Menu, but a few hours later they would no longer be available in the Menu. For what it is worth, the Chrysler Call Center rep said that this is a consequence of UConnect engineers testing the functionality of their incremental improvements to various Media/Information apps. They will push out an "alpha" release of Media Apps to real VIN vehicles for a few hours at a time, he says.

So it goes...

dPtQu3 06-16-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Release Schedule for UConnect 8.4N/RA4 Media/Info Apps

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated. I will likely call them myself today and give any updates.

f1anatic 06-16-2013 01:11 PM

Well I got my BING replaced with YELP already. On Wednesday 12 June I still had BING.

dPtQu3 06-16-2013 02:08 PM

I have Yelp now too. I would prefer if they did something about my media playback...

torifile 06-16-2013 08:08 PM

Why not use your smartphone? I just stream all my tunes via Bluetooth. The phone interface is better to navigate anyway.

dPtQu3 06-16-2013 08:13 PM

I do use my smartphone. The problem is that the bluetooth connection disconnects itself periodically when I do such that the playback keeps getting interrupted. =(

lstowell 06-17-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 842740)
Well I got my BING replaced with YELP already. On Wednesday 12 June I still had BING.

I wonder if anyone sells aluminum foil car covers for folks who don't want their UConnect receiving mysterious updates or test updates...