Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Cleaning Vented seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/cleaning-vented-seats-61168.html)

hawada 06-08-2013 04:22 PM

Cleaning Vented seats

How do you clean the perf inserts in the vented seats ? I am starting to find little debris and accumulation in the perf inserts.

Worc_RSV 06-08-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Cleaning Vented seats

I tap the seat with a plastic vacuum nozzle while its on. If that dont get the stubborn ones, I used compressed air.

LPFDBadaBing 06-10-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawada (Post 838013)
How do you clean the perf inserts in the vented seats ? I am starting to find little debris and accumulation in the perf inserts.

this weekend i used a pointed tweezers and either pulled it out or put it in the hole next to it and pushed it out

JohnC 06-10-2013 05:28 PM

This is one of the reasons I passed on the package on the limited. I have twins on the way, and I started imagining spilled milk and baby vomit getting through the holes. Was wondering how to clean it once that happens.

ajs800 06-10-2013 09:36 PM

I tap the seat with my hand while using the vacuum and 30k miles later they still clear and clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 839176)
This is one of the reasons I passed on the package on the limited. I have twins on the way, and I started imagining spilled milk and baby vomit getting through the holes. Was wondering how to clean it once that happens.

I use car seat mats to avoid this as they cover the entire perforated section and the rear seats still look like new.

tomk 06-11-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 839176)

+1 on car seat mats, or at least a towel.

hawada 06-11-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 839411)

+1 on car seat mats, or at least a towel.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of nice leather seats ? I agree that's the ultimate way just reminds me of my grandma's house :p !

jeepadc 06-12-2013 06:34 PM

MY kids or someone who will not admit it sat on the seat on top of a soft white mint which was pushed into multiple vented holes. I tried soap and water but there was still stuff stuck. I am going to attempt to use a toothpick or safety pin which means whole by whole cleaning.I tried calling jeep to see if it was safe to get moisture on the seat and how generally to clean but they never had the question before, which I find odd. I noticed other areas with spots. I don't like where this is heading with my new car. I may ask the local detailing shop how they would handle it.

ajs800 06-13-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawada (Post 839862)
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of nice leather seats ? I agree that's the ultimate way just reminds me of my grandma's house :p !

When there are two huge car seats sitting over top a small black mat, it doesn't really take away from the look. When I remove the car seats, I remove the mat as well and the seat looks like new. ;)

bill_de 06-13-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs800 (Post 840907)
When there are two huge car seats sitting over top a small black mat, it doesn't really take away from the look. When I remove the car seats, I remove the mat as well and the seat looks like new. ;)

Car seats, and their occupants, can sure make a difference. :)

jeepadc 06-13-2013 06:08 PM

OK, I used the toothpick method and it worked. I had to moisten it to clean each hole and had to push the dirt (in this case mints) through each whole. I would imagine that crumbs and things would be going through those holes anyway. For the surface, I used a sponge with soap and water, but based on an internet article used the bubbles/suds to clean it up. That worked well and then I applied some leather lotion on that spot and surrounding area.;)