Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   just left the lot and taking it back! 2014 grand cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/just-left-the-lot-and-taking-it-back-2014-grand-cherokee-61201.html)

firenemeth 06-09-2013 07:32 AM

just left the lot and taking it back! 2014 grand cherokee

I just pulled out of the lot and I am sad to say I will be taking it back tomorrow. While we were taking the demo drive the radio was on and we were having a conversation how this is my 5th jeep. I love them. However on my way home it was quiet and when I acccerate or break it sound like im in a bathtub.

My husband went under neath the passanger side and pulled out the plug. It had about 2 gallons of water inside. The driver side has a more difficut area to get the plug. It rains a lot in Florida, this will be a big problem.

I hope they can find where the water is entering the vehicle.

Also, the area where you insert the Ipod does not have a light so you have to feel your way around. The overhead light does not illuminate the inside of the box.

The center console is so small due to the placement of the cd player, which is hard to get to while trying to change a cd.

will follow up with what the dealer tells me!

Jimbo 06-09-2013 01:00 PM

Re: just left the lot and taking it back! 2014 grand cherokee

Is the plug underneath the jeep?

firenemeth 06-09-2013 02:30 PM

Yes, under the passenger side is the easy plug. But under the driver side it needs to be done at the shop.

This vehicle does not have a sun roof, so I have no idea where all this water came from.

Rynn 06-09-2013 02:32 PM

Didn't someone report the AC drain line wasn't placed correctly a while back and was draining into the body?

firenemeth 06-09-2013 02:38 PM

I am going to suggest that also. Ugh! so frustrating.

firenemeth 06-09-2013 02:40 PM

Yes under the passenger side a small nickle size black plug.

SnoFire 06-11-2013 07:43 AM

Welcome to JeepGarage!!

I bet alot of people would really like to know how to get a 14 GC without a sunroof/moonroof.

firenemeth 06-12-2013 07:29 PM

quick update on flooded car. The dealer is trying to find me another one. They did say they found one except it did not have a cd player. I told them I payed for a cd player and I want what I paid for.

So I will wait till they find me another one. Oh I did complete the Jeep survey on my purchasing experience. lol

amc2002 06-14-2013 02:35 PM

EDIT: Sorry, firenemeth, just saw you posted in one of those threads already. Leaving this here in case others need to find the threads...

--------------------------------

There are a couple other threads on this, mostly pre-14 models, but see the quote from GlennR at the end:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/water...oor-55581.html

and

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/slosh...car-15542.html

and

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/water...eat-22215.html

GlennR had the issue fixed by his dealer:

Quote:

RESULT! Water trapped in a crumple zone within the dashboard. It got in through an inedequate seam adjacent to the funnel that catches water either side of the wiper cowl. Water has been cleared and the seam resealed. Thanks to Craig and his team at Albion.

Apparently,there is a sealed plug buried high up under the dash. It was almost a dash out, but the tech managed through contortionism to get to it.

It looks a common thing that the AC condensation drains between the bodywork and the heatshield where the transmission hump is. My heatshields are saturated in that area.

Northland 06-14-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 839503)
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

I bet alot of people would really like to know how to get a 14 GC without a sunroof/moonroof.

Get a Limited without the Lux II package like I did. :)

bill_de 06-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firenemeth (Post 838330)
I just pulled out of the lot and I am sad to say I will be taking it back tomorrow. While we were taking the demo drive the radio was on and we were having a conversation how this is my 5th jeep. I love them. However on my way home it was quiet and when I acccerate or break it sound like im in a bathtub.

My husband went under neath the passanger side and pulled out the plug. It had about 2 gallons of water inside. The driver side has a more difficut area to get the plug. It rains a lot in Florida, this will be a big problem.

I hope they can find where the water is entering the vehicle.

Also, the area where you insert the Ipod does not have a light so you have to feel your way around. The overhead light does not illuminate the inside of the box.

The center console is so small due to the placement of the cd player, which is hard to get to while trying to change a cd.

will follow up with what the dealer tells me!

There are halo lights around the plugs for USB, etc. On mine, I have to put the headlights on manual to light them up. It's no bother to me since I just leave an SD card in there, but if you constantly are plugging things in it could be an annoyance.

---

padgett 06-14-2013 08:32 PM

Wonder if a '14 will recognise a USB CD/DVD plugged into the USB connector. My '12 will not.

Once my W3 arrives I'll try a CD/DVD in the cubby.